Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding father's and mother's surnames to be written in DS-160 form

Hello,
    I am applying for a F1 student visa and in the process of filing the DS-160 form. I don't have my father's and mother's surnames in my passport, only given names on them are mentioned in my passport.

There is a "Family information section" in DS-160 form which has a separate column for surname of my father and mother. should I mention it as it is in my passport and only mention first names, and select the "Do not know" option available for the surname section.

or

Write the full names of both my father and mother as per their normal usage although their surnames are not mentioned in my passport and produce other proofs during interview.

or

Mention the names as per my passport for father and mother in the surname section and write "FNU" in the given name section. (As this is the procedure given in the FAQ page of DS-160 form for applicant surnames. ).

​​​​​Will there be any issue in future when my father will want to visit me through tourist visa if I don't mention his surname now in ds-160??
    ​​​
    Is there anyone who faced the similar issue? Kindly clarify the confusion and help or advise me in correctly filing the form. It would be really helpful to my visa process if it is answered as soon as possible. Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X