Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 conversion

Hi All,

My Son is planning to convert his H4 visa into F1 once he received i-120 from university (between Mar-May,2021). He is currently on H4 dependent visa on my H1B visa. My visa last extension is expering in Dec,2021.
    My question is what happend when my son applies for F1 visa (H4 to H1 conversion) but before approval comes my H1B and his H4 visa expires (which is Dec,2021). I don't have any more extension available, this is my last (6th) year.

- can he continue to stay and study in US till his F1 approval comes even after his H4 expires.
    - does he have to go out of country and come back in only when he receives F1 approval when his H4 expires
    - does his F1 visa automatically gets rejected on his H4 visa expiration (Dec,2021).

What can he need to do to continue to studay till he receive his F1 approved upon my H1B and his H4 experiration

I would highly appreciate your guidance on this.

Thank you,
    Shabbir

Talk to an attorney. He may need to file an H-4 to B-2 Change of Status Bridge application if the F-1 is not adjudicated by December and F-1 COS is taking long time right now. Also, once his H-4 expires, he may need to stop studying if his F-1 COS is still pending. At that point, if he wants to study without interruption, he will need to go for stamping and come back (he will be authorized to stay in the US but won’t be authorized to go to school). The sooner you file, the better- not sure why you’re waiting until March-May.

Comment

Hi Member,
      If you want to convert status from H4 to F1, need to file change of status petition. With the help of receipt notice, applicant can remain stay in the USA. If you need F1 status quickly then consider obtaining F1 visa at US consulate.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X