Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i-140 is approved and active, now in India, can I get a F-2 .?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-140 is approved and active, now in India, can I get a F-2 .?

a. I was in USA from 2004 to 2012 in H1B visa
    b. My wife was in USA from 2007 to 2012 in H4
    c. PERM and i-140 is approved and Active with Employer A
    d. My priority date became Current in 2018, visa number was available, but did not apply for AOS (i485) since I already resigned from Employer A and moved to India in 2012
    e. Employer B applied for a New PERM for me in Nov 2020 and it is approved June 2021, while I am in India
    f. Now, my wife is applying for F-1 for colleges starting on Aug 1st 2021.

1. Can I apply F-2 with her.? I have enough Financial Support and Current Job in India. My both the kids are US citizens.

2. Will I have any issues/questions during my VISA interview due to my i-140 and PERM status.?

3. Will I have any issues in Port of Entry..? I will be traveling with my US citizen minor kids.

Kindly please help with your inputs/ comments..

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1. Can I apply F-2 with her.? I have enough Financial Support and Current Job in India. My both the kids are US citizens.
    Answer: Yes.. But, At the time of interview you can expect questions on your immigrant petition. As you know, F visa is single intent. If you satisfy with officer, You can expect approval.
    2. Will I have any issues/questions during my VISA interview due to my i-140 and PERM status.?
    Answer: Yes. Of Course.
    3. Will I have any issues in Port of Entry..? I will be traveling with my US citizen minor kids.
    Answer: there will not be a issue. As I mentioned previously, you can expect questions from CBP regarding your immigrant petition.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X