Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Citizen need to renew US F1 Visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Citizen need to renew US F1 Visa.

My 17 year old sister is on a F1 Student visa. It's due to expire end of this school year. She is currently in the USA.
    Does anyone know with the current global covid situation, what the easiest way to renew her F1 visas would be? Australia currently has 2 week mandatory quarantine upon landing...
    We heard that it is also possible to have it renewed in canada, but are confused about how that process would work...

Thanks in Advance

Hi,
    If she is on F1 visa and right now in the USA then she can renew the visa with the help of filing petition with USCIS right? Is there any specific reason you want to renew at embassy/consulate?
    Thanks

Comment

A visa is only required to enter the country. The status (I20/paperwork) can be renewed from within the US
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You must maintain your student status to stay in the United States on an expired M-1 visa. If you are returning home or traveling to a country where automatic revalidation does not apply, you must have a valid visa to return to the United States. myaarpmedicare

Last edited by brent_896; 08-05-2021, 12:32 AM.

Comment

1. US visas are only for entry. The visa expiration date means the last date on which you can use the visa to enter; it does not have anything to do with how long you can stay in the US.
          2. F1 students are admitted with D/S on their I-94, which means there is no fixed limit on the duration of their F1 status. They do not need to file anything with USCIS to extend their status
          3. F1 students just need to have a valid I-20 (issued by their school) and maintain good standing in their course of study. They can transfer to another school that will issue an I-20 on the same SEVIS number if they want. They can also get an I-20 for OPT/CPT, etc. F1 students remain in status for 60 days after completing their program or completing OPT.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hello,

You must renew your visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Only diplomatic visa holders and their dependents may renew them in the United States. You must renew your visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Only diplomatic visa holders and their dependents may renew them in the United States.

Comment

An update: she renewed it in Canada

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X