Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Refusal for a top ranked university

Hi All,

I am from India and was recently denied a Student F1 Visa to USA. The rejection seems very random to be honest. I am going to pursue my master's at the University of California San Diego which is ranked #4 for computer science. I had quit my job one month prior to the interview as I wanted to prepare for some prerequisites required for my coursework. Can this be considered a reason for F1 visa denial? Pls find my experience below and share your thoughts. I am planning to try again and wanted to know what to improvise.

Visa Experience
    Interview date: June 1, 2022
    Slot: 10:00 AM
    Consulate: Chennai
    Program: MS CS in UC San Diego

VO: Please pass your passport
    VO: Pass your i20 and sevis receipt
    So UC San Diego is it?
    Me: Yeah officer UC San Diego
    Oh put on your mask please
    Me: Yes officer
    VO: When did you graduate?
    Me: 2021 sir.
    VO: What have you been doing?
    Me: I was working at X organization as an associate software developer. I recently quit my job last month.
    VO: Why did you quit your job?
    Me: I am planning to take a few advanced courses in the fall quarter, so I have been preparing for that and working on some personal projects related to AI.
    VO: Oh okay So you were working at X and you took a break. How long did you work?
    Me: Yes officer I was working from July 2021 to May 2022 i.e until last month.
    VO: Okay got it. What was your final year project in UG?
    Me: My thesis was titled "Multilabel Text Classification of Scientific Abstract". I explored various Machine Learning methods to classify scientific publications and research articles. The results and findings were also published in a springer journal.
    VO: Oh it was published is it?
    Me: Yeah it was published in springer
    VO: What is your father doing?
    Me: He is currently working as a headmaster in a state government school and his annual income is X lakhs rupees which is equivalent to Y usd.
    VO: Please place 4 fingers of your left hand and press until you hear a beep
    Me: Yeah done
    VO: Please place both of your thumbs
    Me: Done
    VO: I'm not able to approve your visa right now and I can't explain any further. You may try again.

The answer to that question is ' NO. ' A visa officer will not know how many colleges you have applied for admission. It is always better, to be honest about your applications. The approval of your Visa does not depend on how many colleges or universities you have applied to and have been accepted or rejected. MyCCPay Login
    Last edited by Earthamoore; 09-28-2022, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I also was denied. To me, these interviews are so random. They may deny you for any reason they want (for example, the weather on the interview day). But try again! I was lucky and get the visa the second time. It was so hard to study at my university (it's one of the best in the USA), but fortunately, I found this source https://quizzes.studymoose.com/ and often used it for some papers. Wish you luck and try your best! You deserve it
      Last edited by swinechain; 10-25-2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X