TN visa renewal after labour certification application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN visa renewal after labour certification application

Recently, my labour certification application was approved. Afterwards, I ended up resigning from the company. So, now, I am no longer going for the green card. However, I am wondering if I am at risk of having the TN visa denied when applying for renewal? Also, would it be better to do this via mail or at the border?

Please advise.
    Thanks!

Tn

An approved labor certification should not be a dual intent problem for your TN renewal/extension. Even an approved I-140 does not mean that your TN will be denied based on a dual intent argument. We handle many different types of permanent resident cases for individuals in TN status.

In your case, it really should not be a problem if you left that company and are no longer pursuing permanent residency through that company.

Whether you should process through the Service Center or at a port of entry really deponds on your time frame, case, which port of entry etc. Do note that TN extensions through the Service Center are very slow right now.

Regards,

Andrew

Comment

Hello,

Same question here but just that I am at NVC stage, got approved 1-140 and waiting for visa number from NVC to move forward with consular processing.
      If I get another job and decide to go for a new TN visa, will this be an issue ?
      I understand Labor certification is not an issue but how about when waiting for visa number from NVC- keep in mind, my country of eligibility visa is current only waiting for NVC as it takes 8 weeks to input 1-140 info received from USCIS.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X