Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Employer

Hello,
    I am a canadian, working in US on a TN visa.
    My present employer is not paying me on time and therefore I found another employer. I have my TN visa valid for 7 more months. How difficult is it going to be at the border, to get the visa. I was initially denied the TN visa 2 times before giving it to me in my third attempt. Also I don't want to tell my present employer untill I get the TN visa on the new employer. My employer did not issue me a paycheck yet. Moreover, my employer who was on TN visa itself did not get his TN extension. Will that affect me badly?
    Is this going to affect me at the border? Can I send my application to change my employer by mail?
    Please help.
    Thanks,

I have a question for you. What was the process like for you when applying for TN Status? and what forms did you have to fill out? i'm looking through the US immigration website for clariffication, but its always nice to hear from people who have been through this. are you Canadian?

As for yur question, here'w what i found....

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website:

i) Request for change or addition of United States employers --(1) Filing at the service center . A citizen of Canada or Mexico admitted into the United States as a TN nonimmigrant who seeks to change or add a United States employer during the period of admission must have the new employer file a Form I-129 with appropriate supporting documentation, including a letter from the new employer describing the services to be performed, the time needed to render such services, and the terms of remuneration for services. Employment with a different or with an additional employer is not authorized prior to Dep artment approval of the request. (Paragraph (i) revised effective 1/1/04; 69 FR 11287 )

Comment

I hope your situation got resolved. I changed employers not long ago and I was allowed to stay in the country without needing to go back to my country, until I went back and then I had to visit the Embassy. I believe an extension/change could be apply and you don't need to tell your employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X