Emergency TN Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency TN Problem

This is a bit complicated, but each time I've come here someone has helped me out.

I've had three TN's and my last one expired in May of this year. I stayed here as a Canadian and I'm allowed to stay (I think) for five months as a visitor, which I did. I'm leaving on Dec. 4 and flying to Buffalo and then driving to Toronto, to avoid any questions about the visa.

But, I now have another employer who wants me to return, so I'm going to fly back and request another TN in Toronto (I've always done it in Vancouver) which gives me a chance to see my dad who's been very ill.

My sister, who lives in the US said that on my return from Toronto to the US, the immigration will see the expired TN and start asking questions. My point is, how do they know how long I've been in Canada. Can't I just say I've been here since it expired and I surrendered it?

My sister also said I should get a letter from our dad's surgeon (who did one for her) to say I've been in the country for a long time due to my dad's illness.

What advise do people here have? I know that I should have left before but there were personal reasons not to.

Thanks everyone.
    If anyone wants to pm I'm at: [email protected]

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X