Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN to H1-B- Please Help!!!!!!!

Hi

I am a Canadian citizen working on TN visa for retail chain as a Pharmacist.

I got approved new H-1B visa (first time) effective from Oct 01/2008 applied by present employer.

I did not get stamped on passport with new H1-B yet. Still I am on TN and my I-9 also on TN.

Now I am planning to move to a new job after transferring my H1-B with new employer.

Can I do that?
    Somebody was telling to get transfer H1-B visa I should have used H1-B and my recent pay stub should be on H1-B.

Can anybody know any information?

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank You very much in advance.

Nimbu71

Was your H1b a COS(Change of status)? If so, you should be working for the H1b employer and not on your TN, period. No exceptions.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank You

Thank You for the reply txh1b.

But I didnot used I-94 number to fillout I-9 form at my work place. You think still automatically I am on H-1B status?

Can you please eloberate? Is it Ok if I use current pay stub ( on TN status) to transfer my H1-B?

please answer

Thanks

Nimbu71

Comment

All status changes within US are handled by USCIS. It is not dependent upon any action of yours if it is a COS. It is illegal to work on the previous status after a COS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X