Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TN Application queries (CSA earlier..Management consultant now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TN Application queries (CSA earlier..Management consultant now)

Hi All,

Need some suggestion in my situation. I had got my initial TN under Computer System Analyst category for 3 years doing Corp-to-Corp for US consulting company YYYY for a Seattle project last year.

However the project was put in hold within 4 months and I returned back to Canada. Managed to get a local project here for the past 6 months. I still have my TN valid till 2021 for company ZZZ.

Now I have a good full time offer with YYY consulting company based in New York and they are planning to do my TN under the Management consultant category.

My queries
    1. Since YYY is a new company, I guess it would be a new TN Application. I do not think YYY would be interested in me having Concurrent TN’s. Would this automatically cancel my TN with YYYY in case I get my new TN with YYY.
    2. In case, I do not get my TN with YYY, would I be allowed to continue with my old TN with YYYY ?
    3. Would there be queries on why I did not utilize my TN with ZZZ.
    4. Queries on why I am going under Management consultant category now vs CSA earlier.
    Any inputs appreciated.

Regards,
    RKM

1. Since YYY is a new company, I guess it would be a new TN Application. I do not think YYY would be interested in me having Concurrent TN’s. Would this automatically cancel my TN with YYYY in case I get my new TN with YYY. - Ans - Yes new TN. I saw some of my friends have multiple TN at the same time. But I may not take that risk because some officers may not like it. During your new TN stamping, officer will ask are you still working for YYYY company?
    2. In case, I do not get my TN with YYY, would I be allowed to continue with my old TN with YYYY ? if officer rejects your new TN application then he will also cancel your previous TN. It happned to me also. But again it depends on the officer to officer.
    3. Would there be queries on why I did not utilize my TN with ZZZ. Officer may ask you the question. Just give a strong reason(ex. Due to a family emergency you came back to Canada and now you got a new job offer)
    4. Queries on why I am going under Management consultant category now vs CSA earlier. - I did not understand the questions
    I gave answers based on my TN experience. Goodluck

Comment

My husband has had 2 TN’s at the same time, it really depends on the officer, my husband just said he may have another project with old TN, so they let him keep it. But yes everytime you change companies you need a new TN. My husband has been under both CSA and management consultant and he never had any problems. Just make sure your employment letter describes your position and it matches with the category and your degree.
      Family based, i130, i131, i765, i485
      Filed March 12 (pd date), NBC
      NOA’s received March 18, checks cashed
      Biometrics done early April
      Case Status: Case Received, Fingerprint fee accepted
      Lawyer raised SR Aug 10 for out of processing time
      Aug 15 husband spoke to congressman’s office to expedite due to financial hardship
      Aug 28 EAD approved, new card in production
      Sept 3 Card picked up by USPS, tracking number received
      Sept 5 Combo Card in hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X