Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karinacooper25
    replied
    In Qatar, monitoring and Qatar ID check online is a vital process before living there. This helps you stay informed about the validity and legal standing of your residency.​
    Last edited by cowboy87; 02-05-2024, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mradil606
    replied
    Originally posted by Fra View Post
    My husband is Canadian and he is working on Tn visa. He changed his employer last year and went to the border and got his new Tn based on new employer on December 2019. His previous visa was valid until January 2022, so my Td visa is valid until January 2022. When he got his new visa we apply my Td visa extension based on his new one. So after months, two weeks ago I did my biometric ( because biometric center was closed due to covid 19) . So now I receive a letter from USCIS that my Td visa is denied because my husband was withdrawn his visa on February 2020 and they cannot give me Td visa. The visa number that they said is exactly the same as number of his previous visa Not new one. So I don’t know what’s happened with my application, I just apply extension my Td visa based on his new Tn visa!! I sent them a copy of new visa but looks like they didn’t see it or...? My visa is valid until January 2022 and they said I can stay here until that date and when I was applied I was not out of status. So what can I do? Appeal or re-apply? And is it effective if I wanna to apply green card in future? I’m so worried about this.

In situations like these, it's crucial to consult with a qualified immigration attorney to get advice tailored to your specific circumstances. Here are some general suggestions:
    1. Review the Denial Notice:
      • Carefully review the USCIS denial notice to understand the specific reasons for the denial. This information is crucial for determining the next steps.
    2. Consult an Immigration Attorney:
      • Seek advice from an immigration attorney who can review your case in detail. They can help you understand the reasons for the denial, assess your options, and provide guidance on the best course of action.
    3. Consider Appealing or Reapplying:
      • Depending on the circumstances, you may have the option to either appeal the denial or reapply. An immigration attorney can help you decide which option is more suitable based on your case.
    4. Provide Additional Documentation:
      • If there was a misunderstanding or if the USCIS overlooked certain documents, you may want to consider providing additional evidence to support your case. This could include proof of your husband's current Tn visa status and any other relevant documents.
    5. Maintain Legal Status:
      • Since your current Td visa is valid until January 2022, make sure to maintain your legal status in the U.S. during this period. Overstaying a visa can have serious consequences for future immigration applications.
    6. Green Card Application:
      • While a denied Td visa extension may not necessarily impact a future green card application, it's crucial to resolve the current issue before moving forward with any long-term immigration plans. An immigration attorney can provide advice on how the denial might affect your future applications.

Remember, immigration matters can be complex, and the information provided here is general guidance. Consult with an immigration attorney to get accurate and personalized advice based on your situation.

Leave a comment:

• mradil606
    replied
    My husband is Canadian and he is working on Tn visa. He changed his employer last year and went to the border and got his new Tn based on new employer on December 2019. His previous visa was valid until January 2022, so my Td visa is valid until January 2022. When he got his new visa we apply my Td visa extension based on his new one. So after months, two weeks ago I did my biometric ( because biometric center was closed due to covid 19) . So now I receive a letter from USCIS that my Td visa is denied because my husband was withdrawn his visa on February 2020 and they cannot give me Td visa. The visa number that they said is exactly the same as number of his previous visa Not new one. So I don’t know what’s happened with my application, I just apply extension my Td visa based on his new Tn visa!! I sent them a copy of new visa but looks like they didn’t see it or...? My visa is valid until January 2022 and they said I can stay here until that date and when I was applied I was not out of status. So what can I do? Appeal or re-apply? And is it effective if I wanna to apply green card in future? I’m so worried about this.
    it seems there may have been a misunderstanding or an error in processing your Td visa extension application. It's possible that USCIS did not properly consider the new Tn visa that your husband obtained. In this situation, you have a few options:
    1. Contact USCIS: Consider reaching out to USCIS to explain the situation and provide any additional evidence or documentation that supports your case. You can explain that your husband changed employers and obtained a new Tn visa, and include a copy of the new visa with your correspondence. USCIS may be able to reevaluate your application based on this new information.
    2. File an appeal: If your Td visa extension application was denied, you may have the option to file an appeal. Consult with an immigration attorney to understand the appeal process and determine if it's the right course of action in your case. An attorney can help you prepare the necessary documents and argue your case effectively.
    3. Reapply: Alternatively, you can consider reapplying for the Td visa extension, taking care to ensure that all the required documents are submitted accurately and that any potential misunderstandings are addressed. An immigration attorney can guide you through the reapplication process and help strengthen your case.

Regarding your concerns about applying for a green card in the future, it's important to note that each immigration application is evaluated on its own merits. A denied or withdrawn visa application in the past does not automatically disqualify you from applying for a green card.

Leave a comment:

• vodaco
    replied
    My husband is Canadian and he is working on Tn visa. He changed his employer last year and went to the border and got his new Tn based on new employer on December 2019. His previous visa was valid until January 2022, so my Td visa is valid until January 2022. When he got his new visa we apply my Td visa extension based on his new one. So after months, two weeks ago I did my biometric ( because biometric center was closed due to covid 19) . So now I receive a letter from USCIS that my Td visa is denied because my husband was withdrawn his visa on February 2020 and they cannot give me Td visa. The visa number that they said is exactly the same as number of his previous visa Not new one. So I don’t know what’s happened with my application, I just apply extension my Td visa based on his new Tn visa!! I sent them a copy of new visa but looks like they didn’t see it or...? My visa is valid until January 2022 and how i get updated about moi.gov.qatar visa inquiry they said I can stay here until that date and when I was applied I was not out of status. So what can I do? Appeal or re-apply? And is it effective if I wanna to apply green card in future? I’m so worried about this.
    Hello sister ,
    there are some reason that is why your visa got rejection and you have been denied a TN Visa for any reason, don't panic. Some TN Visa denials cannot be overcome, but depending on the reasons behind your denial, there may be options to make corrections, return to the port of entry with the correct documentation, reapply, and still obtain approval of your TN Visa.​

Leave a comment:

• Charliegill
    replied
    Can TD visa holder apply for TN visa? The TD Visa for family members is a visa category available for family members of any holder of the nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa. Citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible for the nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa, and it allows them to work in the United States in prearranged business activities. Macy's My Insite
    Last edited by Charliegill; 09-22-2022, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fra
    started a topic Td visa is denied based on previous Tn visa

Td visa is denied based on previous Tn visa

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X