Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i work for multiple employers at same time on TN Visa

Hi,
    i am Canadian citizen and currently working on TN visa in usa and it is full time position. i read some where that by getting TN visa for new employer, we can work at same time for both employers.
    but second job should be part time and i am bit confused with this. i also found that when i go boarder to get new TN visa i need to inform officer that it is for concurrent employment. does it mean if i dont inform would they cancel first TN visa?

any help is appreciated

Hello,

As a Canadian citizen working on a TN visa in the USA, it's important to understand the regulations regarding concurrent employment. According to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) guidelines, it is possible to work for multiple employers under a TN visa, but there are certain conditions that must be met.
    1. Full-Time and Part-Time Employment: Your primary TN visa position should be full-time, which means it requires a minimum of 35 hours of work per week. If you plan to take on a second job, it should be part-time, meaning it requires fewer hours than your primary position.
    2. Informing the CBP Officer: When you apply for a new TN visa at the border or port of entry, it is crucial to inform the CBP officer that you intend to engage in concurrent employment. This means you must disclose that you will be working for both your current employer (full-time) and the new employer (part-time).
    3. Proof of Eligibility: You should be prepared to provide documentation to support your eligibility for concurrent employment. This may include an offer letter or contract from your second employer indicating the part-time nature of the position, along with any relevant supporting documents.

Failure to inform the CBP officer about your concurrent employment could potentially lead to complications or questions regarding the validity of your TN visa. It's important to be transparent and forthcoming with the officer to ensure compliance with the regulations.

It is advisable to consult with an immigration attorney or reach out to the CBP directly for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding your specific situation. They can provide you with guidance based on koowspin and echatrandom your chatrandom individual circumstances and ensure that you remain in compliance with the requirements of your TN visa.

Last edited by KopatrikKelly; 08-17-2023, 08:17 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X