Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit US visa disinformation...

Hello,
    Recently my fiance's transit visa had been rejected. He's an Ecuadorian guy with a regular student visa in UK.
    We book a fly with american airlain (300£ cheaper than iberia). He had an appointment to the US embassy in london and he couldn't get the visa. The problem is that when he was there the document that he had (letter from the school, letter from his part-time work and bank statement required on the embassy web site) they said to him that first he didn't have enough money to pay for his stay in the US (7 hours....I don't know how much is a meal in Miami airport) and then that he doesn't have strong ties ouside the UK (family, fiance...they don't count), but they didn't give a real explanation.
    I phoned them (1.20£/min) and they said to send an e-mail, so I did....they replay at once saing that he should send the e-mail or applay again for a touristic visa....He sent the e-mail and the embassy didn't reply...I called again...the firs time a rude woman answered and she didn't let me speak just telling me that if he didn't change the documents he couldn't apply again and the secon time with a kinder person that told to me that the strong tie they are looking for to give a TRANSIT visa is the possession of a propriety in the UK so a student or a person that i.g is renting can't transit. Couldn't they write all what you need on the web site and make you save 50£?
    If someohne had our same problem please can let me know how you solve it, please? Thanks.

the story goes on....

Hello....
    My fiance recieved news from the embassy.......
    They said that the B1-B2 visa was rejected according to the low 164(b) and bla bla bla...... Probably they didn't neither check the documents that my fiance had with him because he never applied for a touristic visa (B1-B2) but for a transit one (They call it C1)....
    This means they don't care at all of people or of strong ties....they're just thinking to make money (I suppose in associacion with their line complany American Airline)....
    I wrote them an e-mail (of course formal and polite) and will see what they're going to do after their huge mistake....
    I think is not possible teasing people like this....We're not the first and we won't be the lasts....it is ridicoulos!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X