Transit visa for Frankfurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit visa for Frankfurt

Hi, My visa H4 expired on Jan 2009. My husband( on H1) applied for extension and we got new I-94 which is valid till 2012.
    Now am travelling to India via Frankfurt(Lufthansa). Most likely i will be changing gates within the same terminal.I do have appointment for Visa interview. So if i do get visa stamping then i don't have any problem returning back to US.

Now my question is,
    Do i need to apply for transit visa for ( thru German Consulate) the above case..
    or
    Can i just travel without transit visa as am going back to home country with expired visa but valid 1-94.

Has anyone gone thru this kind of scenario. Pls Help!!

Can you post your experience on this?
    Please ASAP !!!
    Thanks a ton !!!

Comment

You can always contact the airline if in doubt and they will explain the travel document restrictions if any.

One important thing to not is on a H1 / B2 US visa you cannot get on a flight from here to Frankfurt if you are on a Standby on your onward flight.
      Last edited by Xkuger; 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM. Reason: correction.

Comment

reply from german consulate in chicago

This is the reply i got from german consulate few months back.. might be useful for someone in future

"If you hold a valid approval notice, not staying longer than 12hrs, not changing terminals not flying into two schengenstates airports you do NOT need an airporttransitvisa."

Comment

Transit Visa not Required

Hi,

I also had this problem of transitting through Franfurt (germany). I didnt get any clear response from anyone. German consolate didnt give me any clear answers.
          I finally got this information from an Lufthansa agent. Any indian national without valid visa (expired Visa) and with approved approval notice and going for stamping can travel through germany without transit visa.

My case:
          I am in L1B and my visa got expired. I applied for extension and got the approval. I travelled through Frankfurt with my approval notice. You can travel with expired visa but you should carry your approval notice (I-797,etc) with you when travelling. When you are coming back from India, Visa should be stamped.
          I travelled recently on December 2010 without any problems.
          Happy Journey

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X