Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German transit visa needed?

Dear All,

I have some questions about German transit visa requirements. My wife and I are planning to travel to India. Our flight leaves Boston on March 2, 2012 and we have a change over in Frankfurt, Germnay. The time in between our incoming and outgoing flights in Frankfurt in 7.5 hrs. I have a US F1 visa stamped on my Indian passport and my wife has a US F2 visa stamped on her Indian passport. Both the visas expire on Nov 23, 2013. However, our current immigration status in the US has changed. My wife and I are both on separate H1-B visas and we have a valid I-797 approval notice from USCIS as a proof. When we travel to India, we plan to get the H1-B visa stamped on out passports. It should be noted that our earlier F1 and F2 visas are still valid. My F1 visa was stamped on my old Indian passport and I have a new Indian passport. My wife and I are both citizens of India.

Now my question is, do both of us need a German transit visa? Please advise. A timely response will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Akshay

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X