Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK citizen travelling between US & Canada with ESTA & ETA

Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice please. I am currently in the US for three weeks and then flying to Canada for a 2 months stay - during those 2 months I will be going into the US by train for a week and then back into Canada for the remainder of the time. I am then going home (UK) for two weeks and then back into Canada for 2 further months.

After those two months I plan to go from Canada by train into the US & stay for the maximum 90 day period before returning to the UK for good.

it's a little complicated - apologies for this. My question is, am I likely to have issues with my trip? I have heard that leaving the US to go to Canada doesn't count as leaving the country so I am concerned that when I attempt to re-enter the US I will be denied because on record it will appear that I have outstayed the 90 days despite the fact that this is not the case.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted. Thank you!

Originally posted by Kate Blyth View Post
    I have heard that leaving the US to go to Canada doesn't count as leaving the country so I am concerned that when I attempt to re-enter the US I will be denied because on record it will appear that I have outstayed the 90 days despite the fact that this is not the case.
    Leaving the United States to go to Canada and vice versa counts as "leaving the country"

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Leaving the United States to go to Canada and vice versa counts as "leaving the country"

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X