waiver denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiver denial

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure things do not affect my future with my girlfriend.
    As you know I was denied an extended visa to visit my girlfriend so am going to try and enter the us under the waiver program for a couple of months well within the 3 month limit. I have an itinerary worked out of places I am going to visit while in the states and documentary proof of my return to the UK after my visit. The thing I want to know is if I am not allowed to enter the US with the waiver program will it affect my chances when we apply for a K1 visa at a later date?
    Thanks for your time and again I apologise for all of the questions.

Also if denied entry do I just stay in Canada or do they make me return to the uk?

Comment

If you are flying from Canada, they will return you to Canada, if you are flying from the UK, they will return you to the UK.

You probably will be denied entry, why don't you have your fiancee visit you in Canada and spend time with her that way?
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

My girlfriend will travel up to see me if that is the case but I have got stuff organised in the states ie visiting friends in pittsburgh, philly, north carolina and florida as well as Amerks tickets and 2 possible interviews for h1b possible employers. If I have all this information will my chances be better?

Comment

The H1B interviews will NOT make it better...

Having a set plans and invitation letters or reservation, may help.

What did the people at the embassy/consulate say?
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Originally posted by PraetorianXI
            The H1B interviews will NOT make it better...

Having a set plans and invitation letters or reservation, may help.

What did the people at the embassy/consulate say?
            They said when I was denied under 214b I could still try the waiver program but there are no gaurentees that I will get in. I called again after reading that you have to get a visa on this site and they said the same thing in that I can try.
            Does this sound correct?

Comment

214(b) means they do not think you would return to your home country because of lack of ties to it, and of course you do not have them.

You can try the VWP, however you must write the truth on you I-94W and they ALREADY know that you were denied under 214(b), so it is up to you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X