Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with second passport. I was illegally in the US 7 years ago

Hello !

I am from Guatemala and lived in the US illegally for 2 years. There is no record of me in the country, except for the fact that I got married to a German citizen in California (I gave my passport as ID).

Then, I left the US and have been living in Germany since. That was 8 years ago. I am now a German citizen and I want to visit my grandmother in CA for Christmas with the use of ESTA. I have to say, I have waited 8 years for this moment, the moment I can finally have my German passport and visit my grandma without going through the VISA process people from Guatemala have to go (interview, travelling for the interview to UK, the high possibility of having a NO for an answer...)

I was filling up the ESTA form with the info of my German passport, but they ask if I am a citizen of another country and to add the passport # of this one as well. And here are my questions:
    - What do they do with the 2nd passport?
    - Is there a way they can know I got married in the US just by adding the number into a database?
    - What should I do?

I think they also ask if I had been in the US before, and I wanted to say no, of course. I feel bad about lying but I also have to say that I am not proud about living there illegally. I escaped my country because I couldn't live with the fear, I was even getting sick from seeing assassinated people and being robbed all the time.

I wanted to do it legally but something happened, and I had to practically run for my life. I didn't continue the illegal actions, I didn't get a **** ID, I didn't ask for help...

And I don't want to go back to stay or take advantage of anything, I want just to see my grandma who is now very old and come back to Germany.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

1. They use the second passport to check your immigration and criminal records.

2. possibly

3. tell the truth

Comment

Hola, me gustaría saber sobre tu experiencia, ¿pudiste visitar a tu familar? Tu caso es muy parecido al mío, me gustaría saber tu experiencia.

un saludo.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X