Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions- visa for mentally disabled person..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions- visa for mentally disabled person..

Hi

I have an interview scheduled for my brother @ chennai, who is mentally disabled. what should be the approach for the interview.

- can the applicant be accompanied by an family member to assist in the interview process. if yes how do we get an permission so that security outside let us in together. any specific email address we should write to ?

- How do we let know the CO (Consular officer) that he is disabled? i mean orally at that time or sent an email to the consulate. if so how ?

- not sure he can take the CO questions and answer 'em accurately/consistently.

- being disabled, not employed, how do we make sure that CO understand that its a special case and we would require atleast a short term visa ,that way we could bring some happiness to the disabled person by visiting family and traveling/seeing places in u.s.

welcome anyother comments/feedback as well.

thanks

Please contact TTSVisas people (https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-application-procedure/) and ask them to see if they can make some arrangments for other family member to accompany.

Visa preparation is no different than standard one at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

kuvae

Firstly, the applicant has high chances of being denied under
      section 214(b); since he does not have any family or occpational ties to India and the reason to go there is frivolous, to meet family and
      travel; which in the case of mentally disabled person does not hold
      much relevance. If a family member was taking him to US for his/her medical treatment that was not available in India; the trip would still make
      sense and visa could be granted.

Secondly, you must overcome this clause in section 212(a):
      Classes of people ineligible to receive visas includes,
      "To have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others"

Comment

Hello
        My Brother being a Hearing Handicapped person did get the Visitor Visa.
        He was accompanied by my mother and when the consular officer asked My Mother did explain my brother's situation. But there was a plus point My brother is working though Handicapped (which served as Ties to Homeland part) But My advise is As long as you can carry Doctors documents which explains his situation and also whoever accompanys him should be able to convince the CO that he will be returning back home after the visit.

it's just a trial and error but have hope and faith. Give it ur best shot and see how it goes As there is nothing harm in trying
        Hope this helps

Comment

Hi,
          I am trying to get an emergency appointment for my mother who is undergoing severe clinical depression and anxiety , since the death of my father. She has been accepted for treatment in a very reputed medical facility in USA. I am wondering how can I assure that
          A) she can get an emergency appt.?
          B) she will be able to get the visa?
          I really need your help on this one. Please advice.....

Comment

How?

I have a mental disorder and I want to work in japan as a singer If I can to earn money, then also join night high school, is it possible for me to b approved or not? and I still haven't graduated in elementary level, so can I ask for help when it comes to interviews,working the papers and stuff, and since I'm unemployed how will I be able to give a show money?

Comment

Originally posted by kaye_pooh View Post
              I have a mental disorder and I want to work in japan as a singer If I can to earn money, then also join night high school, is it possible for me to b approved or not? and I still haven't graduated in elementary level, so can I ask for help when it comes to interviews,working the papers and stuff, and since I'm unemployed how will I be able to give a show money?
              Japan requires visa applicants to prove they have sufficient funds to defray all expenses of their trip. If a Japanese individual or organization does not sponsor your trip, I'm afraid you will not be eligible to receive a visa. In addition, a tourist visa does not permit you to earn remuneration or attend school.

Comment

Help Needed for applying B2 visa for mentally handicapped sister

hi All,

I have been searching online for advice on how to apply for B2 visa for my mentally challenged elder sister. I will be applying for a b2 visa for her and my mother together.
                I have been in US for about 5 months. The advice i am looking for people on this form is , can i sponsor for my sister and mother since i just new to US. Also what all documents i can provide to make her visa approval chances high.
                I also read some where people mentioning that send a request application/email to visa office explaining them the situation might also help in making your case genuine.

welcome feedback from all.

regards,
                sukhpreet banipal

Comment

There is no 'sponsorship' of a tourist visa. Applicants fill out the ds160 online, pay the fee, and attend the interview.

Comment

Visa for a mentally disabled person

Originally posted by singh27 View Post
                    hi All,

I have been searching online for advice on how to apply for B2 visa for my mentally challenged elder sister. I will be applying for a b2 visa for her and my mother together.
                    I have been in US for about 5 months. The advice i am looking for people on this form is , can i sponsor for my sister and mother since i just new to US. Also what all documents i can provide to make her visa approval chances high.
                    I also read some where people mentioning that send a request application/email to visa office explaining them the situation might also help in making your case genuine.

welcome feedback from all.

regards,
                    sukhpreet banipal

Hi Sukhpreet,
                    We have similar situation. Could you please share your story.

thanks,
                    Diwakar

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm sailing on same boat. I wanted to bring my 32 year old brother (mentally disabled) on tourist visa along with my parents. Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks,
                      Priya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X