Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i 94, not returned properly, can enter the US without any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i 94, not returned properly, can enter the US without any problems?

Hi

I'm seeking advise on my conundrum. I visited my family in the US in the winter of 2010. Upon leaving, I had no clue I was supposed to return my i94 card to the airlines personnel, and the lady did not ask this of me. I returned home without knowing where to drop the i94 card off safely and properly.

I sought the embassy's advise and gave instructions to return it to a CBP office in London, KY. Again due a lack of understanding, thinking it was London, KY postcode number was a legitimate address in the United Kingdom. I submitted a lot of supporting evidence that I have resumed work in my home country and submitted it to that address together with i 94 to the correct address but the wrong country.

The only smart thing I did do was make a set of copy of the all the above documents and also my i 94 card and my boarding passes.

3 years later, i now have to go back to the US for a interview at a university. I heard from a friend that i could be deported (due the above mistake) if i arrived in the US despite my passport contains many stamp inks of me being at my home country. I tried to rectify my initial mistake but it was submitted wrongly and lost in the mail. I tried calling my local embassy and the CBP info center but unable to reach anyone.

What should i do? Will this result it in me not being allowed to enter the US despite having a valid visa for my interview? is there anything i can do to help/ease my entry into the US without any problems?

Please advise. Thank you in advance

i 94, not returned properly, can enter the US without any problems?

personally I think the airline has record of you leaving ,so it shouldn't be a problem but just carry everything alone and when asked show it to them or explain, cos as of july they stop giving out I-94 forms so it's likely your departure record is on the system even though you forget to give it back. My opinion not legal advice.

Comment

flyguy

Before you attempt to enter US and risk your visa,straighten your record by writing a letter to the same kentucky address. Mention that you lost your original I-94 card and mention the following information , and enclose copy of your I-94 and proofs of your departure:

Name
      Date and place of birth
      Country of citizenship
      Date of arrival in the US
      Date of departure from the United States
      Airline or carrier departed on
      Flight number or name of vessel

Comment

Thanks sderiis for replying after 6 years.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X