Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Apply for B2 visa

Hi,
    I want to accompany my husband in US for some days who is already on B1 visa. Do I need an invitation from my husband or from the software firm which he is working for? My husband will be sponsoring my trip.
    What all documents do I need to apply for B2 visa.
    My sister in law (husband's sister) is staying in US and she is green card holder, is it ok if she sends me an invitation letter incase my husband does not get it from his office?

You can accompany your spouse with a b2 visa, who is traveling on b1 visa.

You don't require an invitation from anybody because it's purely your personal trip.

If you are working, take noc/leave from your employer and pay slips and IT returns bank statement etc. And your husband's passport and US visa copy.

But they hardly look into any documents. Half of the decision will be made through DS160 so, be very careful while filling it.

Since your expenses are paying by your husband, no invitation or approval is required from their company.

All the best.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanq you for the reply.

I will be staying in my sister in laws house. Do I need any documents from her.
      My husand is already is in US now

Comment

Is your husband also staying in her home?

Comment

No. Once he done with his work he is planning to join me at his sister' house.

Comment

In that case, you may get an invitation from her to visit their family and take a copy of her passport, visa and complete details of her family like work, status, spouse, children etc.

To skip above process, you may also join your husband directly where he is staying right now and visit places, friends and relatives later.
            And your purpose of visit will be tourism.

But, approval of visa will be depending on your income ( a good job with decent salary), ties, (spouse, children and dependents etc.) travel history (what are the countries you visited previously) and a genuine reason.

And most importantly you must convince VO that you will return to your home country after the vacation.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.
            Last edited by Ideal sol; 01-26-2015, 10:44 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X