Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Name is little different name in passport

Hi All,

I am sponsoring for my parents for their B2 Visa. In my mother passport, spouse name is mentioned as 'Thandapani' instead of 'Dhandapani'. The first character is different. They will be submitting their DS-160 this week.

Will it impact their visa interview. ? for safety, Do we ask them to get affidavit. Can someone explain about this clearly. how to handle this stituation.

This is urgent. Much appreciated.

Regards
    Siva

Small errors occurs in the passports very commonly in India, either the mistake of issuing authorities or applicants.

That won't effect on the decision of visa issuance.

However, if they can prepare an affidavit and carry, they may perform well with confidence and can submit if VO asked.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Spouse Name is little different name in passport

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
      Small errors occurs in the passports very commonly in India, either the mistake of issuing authorities or applicants.

That won't effect on the decision of visa issuance.

However, if they can prepare an affidavit and carry, they may perform well with confidence and can submit if VO asked.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
      Do you have any sample affidavit to share. Is it self affidavit ?

I have one more question. in DS-160, for my mother, in the Spouse section, which name i have to mentioned (the one in Passport or real name). Please confirm.

Much appreciated.
      Last edited by d.sivarajan; 01-27-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Since it's small spelling error, self affidavit is enough even it is very simple to notarize the document.

You may find people, who prepare and notarize the documents before any courts or municipal offices.

You may write spouse name in your mother's DS160, as per your father's passport (actual), if they carry affidavit or as per your mother's passport.(wrong)

Don't take this issue very seriously and focus on how to perform well in the interview.

All the best.

Last edited by samlynn; 01-28-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Hi ,

I never sponsored any one before. I am sponsoring parents & mother in law this time. I have visa appointment for my parents and mother-in law at same day & same time this month. While filing Form I-134, Do i need to fill 9 column (I have previously submitted affidavits(s) of support for the following person(s). If none, state "NONE").

in Parents form I-134, Do I need to mention about sponsorship information about my mother-in law in 9 column ?
          in mother in law form I-134, details , Do I need mention about sponsorship information about my Parents in 9 column ?

Please confirm?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X