Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa refused under section 214 b

Hi,
    Iam an indian national and have been given refusal under 214b for b1/b2 visa at riyadh .I have applied alone and did not apply with my family. My family was with me in riyadh.

The Visa Officer asked me several questions and i gave all answers but was not given proper answer for ,

"why you are not travelling with your family"?

I said they do not have plans at this time.

Then after typing on system he says me your visa is not approved this time , apply next time. Morever, he gave me printed form 214b refusal and handed me passport without any stamp.

Now Please guide me how i have to apply again? Shall i apply with my family again?and when i apply?.

Iam very much thankful if you can help me and guide me in submitting next application.

Originally posted by engrrafee View Post
    Hi,
    I am an indian national and have been given refusal under 214b for b1/b2 visa at riyadh .I have applied alone and did not apply with my family. My family was with me in riyadh.

The Visa Officer asked me several questions and i gave all answers but was not given proper answer for ,

"why you are not traveling with your family"?

I said they do not have plans at this time.

Then after typing on system he says me your visa is not approved this time , apply next time. Moreover, he gave me printed form 214b refusal and handed me passport without any stamp.

Now Please guide me how i have to apply again? Shall i apply with my family again?and when i apply?.

I am very much thankful if you can help me and guide me in submitting next application.
    I am sorry to know that your first attempt to get a B-2 visa went unsuccessful. No problem, you may apply again while you think that there is a significant change in your circumstances from the date of your first application. Now, let me give you an idea about INA 214(b).

What is Section 214(b)?

Section 214 is part of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and controls the admission of non-immigrants to the U.S. Subsection (b) states:
    Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he or she establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa, and the immigration officers, at the time of application for admission, that he or she is entitled to a non-immigrant status.

To qualify for a visitor visa, applicants must meet the requirements of sections 101(a)(15)(B) of the INA respectively. As do most non-immigrant visas, require that the applicant proves that they have ‘non-immigrant intent,’ i.e., that they will leave the U.S. at the end of their authorized stay. Failure to prove their non-immigrant intent will result in a refusal of a visa under Section 214(b).

The most frequent basis for such a refusal concerns the requirement that the prospective visitor possess a residence abroad that he or she has no intention of abandoning. Applicants prove the existence of such ‘residence’ by demonstrating that they have ties abroad that would compel them to leave the U.S. at the end of the temporary stay. The law places this burden of proof on the applicant.

Consular officers have a difficult job. They must decide in a very short time if someone is qualified to receive a temporary visa. Most cases are decided after a brief interview and quick review of whatever evidence of ties the applicant presents.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Hashoo; 02-08-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X