Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 214B Denial for b2 visiting visa

Hello everyone,

I have a mother in law who lives in Boliva and had her visiting visa application refused for a 214b. I am a US citizen and we would like for her to visit us in the US. She is retired and does not own any property. She doe have family and friends. I am not sure how to prove that she has strong ties and will return to her country on the completion of her visit with us.

Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted the consolate's office in La Paz but was only directed to the Visa website and the 214B denials.

Thanks
    Jim

Originally posted by JCross68 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a mother in law who lives in Boliva and had her visiting visa application refused for a 214b. I am a US citizen and we would like for her to visit us in the US. She is retired and does not own any property. She doe have family and friends. I am not sure how to prove that she has strong ties and will return to her country on the completion of her visit with us.

Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted the consolate's office in La Paz but was only directed to the Visa website and the 214B denials.

Thanks
    Jim
    Qualification of NIV

If you apply for a B-1/B-2 visa, you must demonstrate to a consular officer that you qualify for a U.S. visa in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Section 214(b) of the INA presumes that every B-1/B-2 applicant is an intending immigrant. You must overcome this legal presumption by showing:
    • That the purpose of your trip to the United States is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure, or medical treatment
    • That you plan to remain in the United States for a specific, limited period of time
    • Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in the United States
    • That you have a residence outside the United States, as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit.

In fact, Consular officers understand very well that older applicants, such as your mother-in-law may not have the same opportunities to establish formal ties. So, your mother in law should be prepared to speak about intentions and goals, long-term prospects or long-range plans in her country of residence, and strong reason to return home at the end of temporary stay in the U.S. However, the exact consideration that may be given by the consular officer to evaluate your mother in law NIV application, he will look at applicant's circumstances in her home country, specific intention, travel plans, financial resources and compelling bindings outside of the United States that will ensure the applicant's departure after a temporary visit.

Good Luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X