Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply for Tourist visa while waiting for Marriage visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for Tourist visa while waiting for Marriage visa?

Hello everybody,

I'm new here, and had some quick questions.
    My wife (American) moved here to Colombia and we started processing for a Marriage visa.
    We filed the I-130 and finally got a response, saying that we need to go to an interview in Florida for March 25... However, though my wife has her family in FL and she could go to the interview, since I don't have a visa, I cannot go!

We have called several times, and the call center agents do not know what to do.
    Some have said that my wife should try going to the interview, but I don't want the interviewer to interpret that as disobedience.
    Another sent some request, but when we got the notice, it pretty much said the same thing: that we have an interview in Florida.
    We have considered cancelling the interview, but we're afraid that it's going to take a long time to re-schedule.

We have also considered me applying for a tourist visa, but we're not sure if it's a good thing to do, or possible.

So, is it possible to apply for a tourist visa while waiting for the marriage visa?

Thanks a lot in advanced!
    Juan J.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X