Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for Sister and brother in law

Hi team,
    I'm Pragna currently in USA and I'm on H4 and my husband on H1B. We are planning to apply visitor visa for my sister and brother in law to visit us and have a good US vacation. Can I please know the complete procedure for applying? As this is our first time. What are the documents that me and my husband send for the visa. Should we send an invite letter or is it ok to proceed without an invite. As they're self sponsoring their USA trip. Should my husband send any of his bank documents showing his bank balance and also sponsor them?!
    Kindly reply us. It would be of great help

Originally posted by Pragna View Post
    Hi team,
    I'm Pragna currently in USA and I'm on H4 and my husband on H1B. We are planning to apply visitor visa for my sister and brother in law to visit us and have a good US vacation. Can I please know the complete procedure for applying? As this is our first time. What are the documents that me and my husband send for the visa. Should we send an invite letter or is it ok to proceed without an invite. As they're self sponsoring their USA trip. Should my husband send any of his bank documents showing his bank balance and also sponsor them?!
    Kindly reply us. It would be of great help
    As they are paying for the trip themselves, you don't have to do anything from your end. Just stay out of it. They will have to mention on the form if they have any immediate relatives in America. And they will most likely be asked the same at the visa interview. They should be prepared to answer basic questions about you and your husband (such as, where in the US you live, what company you/your husband work for, what visa you are on, etc). But the focus in the interview will be mostly on their own finances and their ties to India (job, salary etc).

Comment

So that means there is no need to send kind of invitation or sponsorship documents from our side to my sister and brother in law. And it's ok for them to mention that they have an immediate relative in US?

Comment

Invitation is must for B1 but in your case it is not important. Still you want to invite them formally, you may send them an email saying that, you wish them to join you for some vacation and have good time for a couple of days/weeks.

Sponsorship documents are required, only if you sponsor them.

They should fill genuine information in the DS160 form and be very truthful with VO as well as they mention about close relatives, who lives in the US.

Most importantly they should repeat the same answers, which filled in DS160.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thank you!
          What are the most important documents that we should compulsorily send to them for visa?

Comment

Should my husband also send bank letter from his bank to my sister and brother in law for their visa interview?

Comment

No documents required from your end as you are not sponsoring them.

Just give them as much information as possible about you and your status in the USA. If VO questions, it will be helpful for them to answer.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.
              Last edited by Ideal sol; 02-28-2015, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Thank you! Will do our best

Comment

Visitor Visa for Sister and brother in law

They will likely ask about your status such as job, income, how long you have been with your job, address, and how you got papers to be in US. Those are GENERAL ones

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X