Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding applying b1b2 visa with an immigration file

Hi,
    I am 23 year old final year medical student from India.My uncle had applied f4 petition for my father which also includes my name as his son.
    I have got a 4 week rotation in a hospital in USA.I have a strong reason to be back because my convocation is going to be held in dec 2015.
    For the same reason I have applied for b1b2 visas.I need your help regarding which type of questions do they ask and please let me share your knowledge regarding this matter.
    I also have heard that they sometimes don't see documents.I have a letter from my college which has clearly written that as my convocation is in december 2015.I want to show them during interview.Is there anything I can do during interview so that they ask for my documents.
    so basically I want to know following things.
    1.Basic questions
    2.To know more in my case as I have f4 file.
    3.to do something so that they ask for my documents.
    your little help will be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Documents won't help you. Documents should serve only as backup. You have to present a truthful case to the visa officer. Coming back for convocation does not sound like a strong enough reason. You need to present additional stronger reasons for returning after a short stay in the USA. Such as a good financial situation, family, and so on. In any case, my recommendation is always: present the truth to the consulate and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

Originally posted by pb2au View Post
      Documents won't help you. Documents should serve only as backup. You have to present a truthful case to the visa officer. Coming back for convocation does not sound like a strong enough reason. You need to present additional stronger reasons for returning after a short stay in the USA. Such as a good financial situation, family, and so on. In any case, my recommendation is always: present the truth to the consulate and let the chips fall where they may.
      Thank you for your kind reply.
      Can you tell me what kind of questions do they ask?

Comment

Some common questions you can expect are:

- Why do you want to go?

- Which place are you going to and where are you going to stay?

- Who is paying for your trip?

- What do you do?

- What is your income?

Taken together, your answer should present a picture that you have a compelling reason to both visit the US for a short time and return to your home country after the short stay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X