holiday booked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday booked

We booked our holiday before my son applied for his visa. We travel on 17th Aug 2015, he had an interview in Dublin on the 29th May 2015 where they said they were going to approve his tourist weaver, but they could not tell him if it would be approved on time. Can anybody please advise on how long they waited. This is a family holiday and he is taking his 3 children. 14 of us in total are going and it would be very sad and upsetting if he was not with us.

Consulates lack the authority to approve INA212(d)(3)(A) waivers on their own. They make a positive recommendation, and someone with the Admissibility Review Office at the Customs and Border Patrol has to actually approve it.

When I went through the process some 15 years ago, I think it took like 5 months to get me an approval - and that was with the Vice Consul actively advocating on my behalf. I have heard it can be much quicker now, especially for those in developed countries. User Apollo88 in a different forum (that focuses on inadmissibilities) describes getting his pretty quick in February of this year, and I assumed he was from Britain based on his choice of words.

That said, you certainly are a cautionary tale to our other readers regarding booking travel prior to visa issuance. More so when it involves inadmissible aliens.

Comment

Holiday Booked

[QUOTE=inadmissible;417875]Consulates lack the authority to approve INA212(d)(3)(A) waivers on their own. They make a positive recommendation, and someone with the Admissibility Review Office at the Customs and Border Patrol has to actually approve it.

When I went through the process some 15 years ago, I think it took like 5 months to get me an approval - and that was with the Vice Consul actively advocating on my behalf. I have heard it can be much quicker now, especially for those in developed countries. User Apollo88 in a different forum (that focuses on inadmissibilities) describes getting his pretty quick in February of this year, and I assumed he was from Britain based on his choice of words.

That said, you certainly are a cautionary tale to our other readers regarding booking travel prior to visa issuance. More so when it involves inadmissible aliens.

[Thank you for your reply. We will just have to cross our fingers and pray. It was my brother who lives in the USA who booked the holiday for a surprise for the family. The rest of us have got our visa weavers and we are just waiting for my sons to be approved.]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X