No announcement yet.

Pregnancy in USA for indian visitors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy in USA for indian visitors...

Hello Everybody.

I am very confused and seeking guidance on US Medical and immigration system.

Self entered in america 4 months ago on b2 entry and now m 3 months pregnant. i don't started seeking doc coz don't know what to do and where to go as of my visa status. i can't afford this baby in private treatment. my entry will run out after two months. i want to have delivery in here only.
    Can anybody suggest... what to do and how to start.?
    weather i can apply for extension of my entry on this behalf?
    will appreciate your support.
    Thanks for your time.

Pregnancy in USA for indian visitors...

First and foremost, you are not a U.S. citizen, therefore the U.S. medical system will not apply to you at all.
    Paying out of pocket for the delivery alone could be 20,000 USD or more, and that's if all goes well. Even if you purchased a visitor insurance plan it would not cover pregnancy or delivery.

You came here on a visitor/ tourism visa which you applied for per your visa application. I would assume you were pregnant before coming here, but even if you did get pregnant 1 week after arriving your intent does not seem to make sense. For example, if I went on vacation to another country and found out I was pregnant, the last thing I would do is immediately decide to not go home and stay in the country I am vacationing in and have my baby there. You should return to your home country and have your baby when your visa expires if you do not return to your home country sooner due to the pregnancy. If you need pregnancy care before returning home then you would pay out of pocket for those services.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X