Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for mother - queries

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my Mother's visa again, after it was rejected last month to attend my sister's graduation ceremony in USA. I would like to know a few things before I submit the DS-160.

1. Should I choose B2 - Tourism /Medical purpose or B1/B2?
    2. My Parents are retired but my mother volunteers in an NGO. Should I show her as working or retired? Her income is not high.
    3. I am in Canada, Can I show that I am sponsoring her for the trip and send all my documents? Last time we mentioned that she will sponsor herself but she got rejected so I am thinking this might be the reason. my sister cannot show her sponsorship since she is a student and does not have finances. But my mother and me are financially sound to sponsor the trip.

Thanks in advance !!

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to apply for my Mother's visa again, after it was rejected last month to attend my sister's graduation ceremony in USA. I would like to know a few things before I submit the DS-160.

1. Should I choose B2 - Tourism /Medical purpose or B1/B2?
    2. My Parents are retired but my mother volunteers in an NGO. Should I show her as working or retired? Her income is not high.
    3. I am in Canada, Can I show that I am sponsoring her for the trip and send all my documents? Last time we mentioned that she will sponsor herself but she got rejected so I am thinking this might be the reason. my sister cannot show her sponsorship since she is a student and does not have finances. But my mother and me are financially sound to sponsor the trip.

Thanks in advance !!
    You mother is the one who would apply for the visa. You state that you, as well as your mother are financially sound to sponsor the trip so that may not be the reason for the denial. If you want to provide documentation that you will sponsor the trip then that would be fine. She is retired and volunteers so that is what you would put in the application. If she earns income while volunteering, you could list that as well. She is coming to visit and for tourism, not for medical treatment, therefore she would apply for the B1/B2 visa . She must be able to show strong ties to home country.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
      You mother is the one who would apply for the visa. You state that you, as well as your mother are financially sound to sponsor the trip so that may not be the reason for the denial. If you want to provide documentation that you will sponsor the trip then that would be fine. She is retired and volunteers so that is what you would put in the application. If she earns income while volunteering, you could list that as well. She is coming to visit and for tourism, not for medical treatment, therefore she would apply for the B1/B2 visa . She must be able to show strong ties to home country.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
      My Father is not traveling with her this time, so we thought that proves that she will come back to India. What other things can be shown for a stronger tie to home. Parents have their own property in India.

Comment

Has anyone gotten medical for the parent sponsorship application for 2019 yet ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X