Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist on a B2 visa marrying to a US Citizen

Hi people

I'm US citizen, living in Texas, Dallas. I wanna marry to a girl with a Tourist B2 visa holder which is valid till 2020. She has traveled in US 5 times.
    We are planning to get married in TX, and i want she to stay here after that, and to get Work Permit ASAP.
    I heard about 30/60/90 Rule in Marriage-Based Immigration, Should i consider this Rule in my situation ?
    will there be a problem if she will work in other State, N.Y. ? because she has very good offer there, but if that will be suspicious for USCIS than we will change our plans

As i know we should Submit forms I-130 and I-485, I-765, I-131, but can we fill all those forms at once, after marrying ??? After that i assume She will get temporary work visa after 2 month, and after 6 month (first interview) she will get Permanent Work Visa...
    That's my understanding, my plan ))) if i'm wrong please help me to fix it.

Any help will be appreciated, Thaanks

Congratulations. There is no 30/60/90 day rule. It will take about 4 months before she gets employment authorization. Go live with her in New York

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Congratulations. There is no 30/60/90 day rule. It will take about 4 months before she gets employment authorization. Go live with her in New York
      thanks

but are you sure about 30/60/90 day rule ?
      my friend explained the 30/60/90 rule, and insisted that her AOS application would likely be denied if we got married within 30 days of her last entry - AND that she could potentially be accused of immigration fraud and given a 5-year ban for entering the US on an B2 visa with intent to immigrate.
      but some people says There is no 30/60/90 day rule in USCIS. This is a term lawyers throw around but no where in US immigration law is this discussed

confused

Comment

b2

Originally posted by maced View Post
        thanks

but are you sure about 30/60/90 day rule ?
        my friend explained the 30/60/90 rule, and insisted that her AOS application would likely be denied if we got married within 30 days of her last entry - AND that she could potentially be accused of immigration fraud and given a 5-year ban for entering the US on an B2 visa with intent to immigrate.
        but some people says There is no 30/60/90 day rule in USCIS. This is a term lawyers throw around but no where in US immigration law is this discussed

confused
        There is no 30 to 90 days rule as i consulted with lawyers and my situation is same as yours.
        my confusion is :
        I am going to marry some one on b1/b2 who will open joint bank account and include name on bills later after marriage. So in that case we will only have pictures, witnessess, and marriage certificate as a evidence because banks may not open joint account for visitor and utility companies may not add her name without social security number.
        Please help and inform will pictures, witnessess, and marriage certificate as a evidence will be accepted and enough ?

Comment

Originally posted by justin76 View Post
          There is no 30 to 90 days rule as i consulted with lawyers and my situation is same as yours.
          my confusion is :
          I am going to marry some one on b1/b2 who will open joint bank account and include name on bills later after marriage. So in that case we will only have pictures, witnessess, and marriage certificate as a evidence because banks may not open joint account for visitor and utility companies may not add her name without social security number.
          Please help and inform will pictures, witnessess, and marriage certificate as a evidence will be accepted and enough ?
          In your application, you may just include your marriage certificate. Pictures, joint bank accounts, pictures, etc are to follow omce invited for interview.

Comment

Originally posted by kayern View Post
            In your application, you may just include your marriage certificate. Pictures, joint bank accounts, pictures, etc are to follow omce invited for interview.
            That is not accurate. All evidence and supporting documents are required at the time of filing - per the I-130 instructions. Evidence of bona fide marriage includes evidence from the date you met and started dating. It's not just since the date of the marriage; especially, if you enter the US on a tourist visa, and marry someone shortly after. So if you've know each other for 7 years, it's important to show that. You do not want USCIS thinking that you met on Monday, got married on Tuesday and filed on Wednesday.

This thread contains very useful tips. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...interview-tips
            Attached Files

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X