Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mistake in Travel section of ds 160 fom for b2 visa ? Submitted but not fee not paid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mistake in Travel section of ds 160 fom for b2 visa ? Submitted but not fee not paid?

Hello. My sister has invited me and her uncle( our father's brother) for attending her graduation ceremony. While applying , shall we apply for the interview separately or together?
    In my ds 160 form, in the travel section, where it asked, are you travelling alone? I said NO and put my uncle's name. In my uncle's form, he put my name. That means we both will be giving interview together. The forms have been submitted.

Can I change what I did by updating the ds 160 and acquiring new confirmation numbers ? Should we fill new ds 160 forms and state we am travelling alone in our forms? Should we go for separate interview or at once? Which would be the best option?

Can this be done? Will the consular know that we decided to apply for interview separately?

you said your uncle, usaully together interview is only for spouse...and uncle cateogry doesnt come in direct blood relationship..so both of you shall be screened separatly , your job, your income, your ties, your intent...your uncles ties, and his income and intent.. there is no gaurantee that both of you will get it or one of you, if they think you are eligible and he is not they will refuse him and grant you...there is nothing like applying together helps...secondly ensure that you your DS-160 information about your work, your income, your job yoru previou job, your travel history is explained properly and speak crisp and clear.. if you have travelled to european countries / uk then your chances of getting the visa is much higher supported by your job, your income, your financial credentials, be extremely specific about your work, your financial credentials, your intent of visit. if you reply with specific details, eg, your age, your job, your income, your work, your business, or company name, your marital status, your aducation ..your property worth, what does your parents do and what is your sister doing and what is her intent..i shall be able to actually help you more

Comment

Thank you so much for your response. I already paid the application fees. Our interviews will be on different dates. I am a student right now. I have made a document from my college stating that: ' She is a student currently pursuing XX degree in XX department. Her graduation ceremony will be held on Dec 2017. ' Will this be okay? What do you think?

And now I have another problem. I filled out the form through an agent. In the ds 160 confirmation paper I realized after submitting that the Visa Type says
      B1 (Business/Conference). I think it should have been B2 or B1/B2 since my intent is to attend sister's and brother in law's graduation and visit a few tourist places around. My parents are also going. Do you think the embassy will understand this situation? Should I inform the visa officer about the wrong visa category at the interview? What do you think I could possibly do? I posted this question earlier but did not get replies.
      Last edited by onecold9; 06-12-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X