Husband Denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband Denied

I am a Canadian citizen with a B1 Visa for a year because I am in school in the US. My husband is a permanent resident of Canada and keeps getting denied for a visitors visa. Is there anything I can do as B1 Visa holder to help him get a visa so he can come visit me some times?

Get an F-1 visa

Your husband can then get a F-2 visa

Comment

Where do I go to change my B1 to an F1?

If I have a B1 should I apply for an F1 or get my B1 changed to an F1. Also, I'm living in New Jersey; do I go to a Canadian embassy to try to get my visa changed?

Comment

Visas once issued CANNOT be changed. What do you mean by changing a B1 to F1? If you have a B1 and are in the US, you either apply for a COS (change of status) to F1. This takes a few months. The easier route is you visit a US consulate and apply for a F1 to be stamped in your passport, and enter the US with F1 status. Canadian embassy has got nothing to do with a US visa. A US consulate needs to be approached for this.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
          Visas once issued CANNOT be changed. What do you mean by changing a B1 to F1? If you have a B1 and are in the US, you either apply for a COS (change of status) to F1. This takes a few months. The easier route is you visit a US consulate and apply for a F1 to be stamped in your passport, and enter the US with F1 status. Canadian embassy has got nothing to do with a US visa. A US consulate needs to be approached for this.
          Thanks your for your response. Try to work on the tone of your responses.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X