Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you gift money to a B2 applicant?

Hello, all!

I have a question regarding a B2 visa for the U.S.

It is written at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-tourist-visa-case-studies/ that one cannot “deposit borrowed money into [his] bank account just temporarily” in order to prove that he has funds for his trip. Is it instead possible to gift someone money? This would be shown by a notarized, apostillized legal form effective in the applicant’s home country stating that the money really is the applicant’s and by tax documents showing that gift tax has been paid in the applicant’s home country. This would prove that the money truly belongs to the applicant and is not just borrowed and/or temporary.
    Euroxpat

That is possible, but still not the best way.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Which is the best way?

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      That is possible, but still not the best way.
      Which way would be better?
      Euroxpat

Comment

They really have their own money is the best.

If that is not possible, someone who really has it should sponsor their visit.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Me?

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
          They really have their own money is the best.

If that is not possible, someone who really has it should sponsor their visit.
          Please see my other post about my sponsoring him, then.
          Last edited by ceci1073; 06-18-2021, 09:17 AM. Reason: Link
          Euroxpat

Comment

If I were you, I wouldn't deal with them

Comment

any sudden appearance of $$ in someone's account will be questioned...what will your friend or relative say when asked about the source of money? Any experienced CO will see through this charade to give the applicant the appearance of having sufficient funds for a trip to the US - it does not matter if it is allegedly a 'gift'...who says that you would not take it back if your friend/relative gets the visa? I had countless applicants who tried this ploy....each time I asked them where the $$ came from...many of them claimed through the sale of real estate- upon which I asked for the closing statements (or escrow papers or whatever the protocol was in a given country)....that usually brought on silence and excuses, which meant of course, that the applicant fibbed...and you can guess what the outcome of those interviews were.....experienced COs have seen and heard all sorts of stories and 'creative' actions to try and make an unqualified applicant suddenly be bona fide.....all that will likely happen is that the credibility of the applicant will be ruined.....and then what?

Comment

Follow up - credibility is the best asset an applicant can have....establishing one's credibility is not an easy task; damaging it can be the work of an instant. The feeble game to be played against a CO as described above will only damage the applicant's credibility...no CO with more than 10 minutes of experience would fail to see through this shallow ruse....money arriving from out of nowhere rings alarm bells.....when the background story (excuse) surfaces, the applicant's credibility will be irrevocably damaged...and it cannot be repaired by apologizing or having some immigration attorney write a letter...an applicant either has their owned earned resources or they don't...there is no middle ground. However, if some of you think you are far more clever than a CO, by all means, try one of these ploys and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by HFM1919 View Post
                  Follow up - credibility is the best asset an applicant can have....establishing one's credibility is not an easy task; damaging it can be the work of an instant. The feeble game to be played against a CO as described above will only damage the applicant's credibility...no CO with more than 10 minutes of experience would fail to see through this shallow ruse....money arriving from out of nowhere rings alarm bells.....when the background story (excuse) surfaces, the applicant's credibility will be irrevocably damaged...and it cannot be repaired by apologizing or having some immigration attorney write a letter...an applicant either has their owned earned resources or they don't...there is no middle ground. However, if some of you think you are far more clever than a CO, by all means, try one of these ploys and see what happens.
                  Thanks for the information!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X