Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Cancelled without prejudice when applying for B1/B2 Visa

Hi ,

i had my h1b stamped with my company didn't get chance to travel for more than 1 year now. So i raised B1/B2 to meet my husband who is there in F1 Student visa and completed his maters recently last month. They rejected my B1/B2 with blue slip and also stamped on my h1b with cancelled without prejudice.

They also made me write the same reason in voluntary statement form. Will tis affect mt future petition?.

Shall i go for reapply B1/B2 immediately or wait until my husband gets a new OPT visa to work. What are the chances.

Originally posted by iswaryanandini View Post
    Hi ,

i had my h1b stamped with my company didn't get chance to travel for more than 1 year now. So i raised B1/B2 to meet my husband who is there in F1 Student visa and completed his maters recently last month. They rejected my B1/B2 with blue slip and also stamped on my h1b with cancelled without prejudice.

They also made me write the same reason in voluntary statement form. Will tis affect mt future petition?.

Shall i go for reapply B1/B2 immediately or wait until my husband gets a new OPT visa to work. What are the chances.
    What were the questions asked during your B1/B2 visa interview?

Did the VO asked anything about your H1 & you directly-indirectly said you no longer need your H1?

Since your husband is already in USA with an dual intent visa - you will be treated as potential immigrant.

Either you apply for Student dependent visa right now or H4 visa once he gets his H1.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Answer is Yes/No

Hi ,

Your H1B was cancelled without prejudice, and as such, it does not have any future relevance.

Your B1/B2 rejection will have to be mentioned in your future applications, and that might invite some additional diligence from the visa officers whenever you apply next, so make sure your future applications are carefully prepared with all the support document.

Wait till your husband gets the new OPT visa, because it is a significant change in your circumstances...

Comment

Hello

Hi ,

Ny update ?

Can you email me [email protected]

Or call 786-301-2359

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X