Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor Visa expiring in September last week, need to visit in September first week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa expiring in September last week, need to visit in September first week

Like the title said, my visitor visa is expiring within 4 weeks I want to travel to US (for 4 days).

Should I get a new Visa or would the checkpoint agent allow me to enter US with an I-94 date matching the Visa expiry?

If I apply for a new visa before the existing one expiring, would the application face any issues because I would still have a valid visitor visa?

Originally posted by Hi10101 View Post
    Like the title said, my visitor visa is expiring within 4 weeks I want to travel to US (for 4 days).

Should I get a new Visa or would the checkpoint agent allow me to enter US with an I-94 date matching the Visa expiry?

If I apply for a new visa before the existing one expiring, would the application face any issues because I would still have a valid visitor visa?
    US visas are only for entry. As long as you enter on or before the expiration date, you're fine. The amount of time you are admitted for on your I-94 has nothing to do with the visa's expiration date. e.g. you can enter on the day the visa expires and be admitted for 6 months.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Just also ensure you've passport with validity of more than 6 months.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X