B1 B2 visa valid visa CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 B2 visa valid visa CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

According to me there might be two reasons.
    1) me and my wife had applied and got the visa and we were not supposed to take the children with us, but then my brother who was to take care of the children also applied for uk visa, so there was no one to take care of the children, then we filed visa for our children separately through the drop box method. This is the fact.

2) it was a miscalculation from my end, the officer asked me about annual income and i answered my monthly income, in my mind i combined my annual income from one source and added it to monthly income from another source, instead of adding annual income from one source and the annual income of another source.
    And even worse, inspite of being asked three or four times, i did not realize that i was giving the wrong answer.
    Almighty bless the officer he even called a indian guy to ask me the question in hindi, but still i did not realize my mistake.

I dont think there were any other issues as i explained the officer that i have property worth xxx in me and my brothers name, investment of xxx lakh, xxx lakh worth shares, insurance, mediclaim etc.

The visa officer asked for our passports which we handed over to him.
    He stamped our valid visa with cancelled without prejudice

please help me out
    should i fill the form again, what could be the reason, what documents should i give now

Originally posted by sameeullah khan View Post
    According to me there might be two reasons.
    1) me and my wife had applied and got the visa and we were not supposed to take the children with us, but then my brother who was to take care of the children also applied for uk visa, so there was no one to take care of the children, then we filed visa for our children separately through the drop box method. This is the fact.

2) it was a miscalculation from my end, the officer asked me about annual income and i answered my monthly income, in my mind i combined my annual income from one source and added it to monthly income from another source, instead of adding annual income from one source and the annual income of another source.
    And even worse, inspite of being asked three or four times, i did not realize that i was giving the wrong answer.
    Almighty bless the officer he even called a indian guy to ask me the question in hindi, but still i did not realize my mistake.

I dont think there were any other issues as i explained the officer that i have property worth xxx in me and my brothers name, investment of xxx lakh, xxx lakh worth shares, insurance, mediclaim etc.

The visa officer asked for our passports which we handed over to him.
    He stamped our valid visa with cancelled without prejudice

please help me out
    should i fill the form again, what could be the reason, what documents should i give now
    Since it's been cancelled without prejudice, that means you didn't specifically do anything wrong, i.e. an overstay can result in cancelled WITH prejudice. In your case, they've basically cancelled it due to some administrative error in the visa application, i.e. this case, your income and the issue with the children is the culprit - the officer may have concluded you tried to bypass the system or you just filed incorrectly, but he had no specific proof of either so he could not cancel with prejudice - which is good for you.

You can file the form again, using the correct information this time.
    Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
    4-12: Arrived in Chicago
    4-14: Picked up by USCIS
    4-19: Email & text notifications received
    4-23: I-797 Receipts received
    4-27: Biometrics notice received
    5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
    5-11: Biometrics completed
    6-04: Interview scheduled
    6-09: Received interview letter
    7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
    7-13: Card was Mailed
    7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

Apply for the visa again, in the form & during the interview try to mention that your visa was cancelled for the mentioned reason.

Keep proof of income to support your saying.

Apply for whole family together.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X