Minimum period of validity for visitors visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum period of validity for visitors visa

I was wondering what the minimum period of validity for a visitor's visa? My sister, my brother-in-law and my niece are planning to visit me in the USA in May of 2019. When should they apply? My concern is if the visa is granted and is for a duration which may run out prior to the time they're planning to come here. I'd appreciate all suggestions and responses.

Originally posted by agni View Post
    I was wondering what the minimum period of validity for a visitor's visa? My sister, my brother-in-law and my niece are planning to visit me in the USA in May of 2019. When should they apply? My concern is if the visa is granted and is for a duration which may run out prior to the time they're planning to come here. I'd appreciate all suggestions and responses.
    I have seen only one single entry B2 visa issued for just one month - though if the visa is granted it will be for an year.

Please ensure to mention your tentative dates of travel in the visa application DS160 & your visa will be granted around the same dates.

Please note that US always suggests that you do not book your tickets until your visa is issued, so they know that you'll plan your visit after visa & it can be later in couple of months.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      I have seen only one single entry B2 visa issued for just one month - though if the visa is granted it will be for an year.

Please ensure to mention your tentative dates of travel in the visa application DS160 & your visa will be granted around the same dates.

Please note that US always suggests that you do not book your tickets until your visa is issued, so they know that you'll plan your visit after visa & it can be later in couple of months.
      Thanks for your reply!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X