Friend Wanting to Visit USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend Wanting to Visit USA

I have a friend who is Filipino native but lives and works in Dubai as an accountant for passed 10 years. They were told in order to come to America for a visit, they have to visit eight other countries first. Is this true? Can my friend just pop on over for a week without visiting other countries first, when flying to just one is a financial struggle in itself?
    Any specific info you would need like their current work visa something or not?
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Saught View Post
    I have a friend who is Filipino native but lives and works in Dubai as an accountant for passed 10 years.
    An accountant for the past 10 years shows job longevity, stable and steadily-increasing income, and security of tenure. And he's a national from another country, so he must be supporting a family in his/her native country. I wouldn't jeopardize all these by not returning to Dubai after my one-week US visit. VO will probably see it that way, too, and grant B2 visa. BUT that is just my opinion. Still, there's no harm in trying to apply for a tourist visa, just don't keep your hopes up. It all depends on the VO's discretion and mood. Good luck!

They were told in order to come to America for a visit, they have to visit eight other countries first.
    Not true. My B2 visa application was approved despite zero travel history.
    Marriage; Concurrent
    11.22.2017: PD
    12.04.2017: 4 NOAs in mail
    12.28.2017: Bio Appmt
    04.23.2018: RFE in Mail
    06.29.2018: RFE Response Sent
    07.02.2018: RFE Response Rcvd
    07.21.2018: I-693 Courtesy Ltr
    07.26.2018: "Interview scheduled"
    08.02.2018: Interview Notice in mail
    08.31.2018: INTERVIEW/Approval
    09.04.2018: SS Card in mail
    09.05.2018: "We mailed your EAD"
    09.06.2018: "We mailed your GC"
    09.08.2018: EAD/AP Combo card & I-130/I-485 Approvals in mail
    09.10.2018: GC in hand

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      No, the friend is single. No mate so no children, or pets, to support other than self. Working in Dubai because that is where a job they wanted was in their field.
      Nothing about K1s or anything at this time, so not worries about visiting and not returning. Person has a career and not going to just ditch it to try and live in America anytime soon. No no. Just a visit to come over, hang out, eat, sleep on my couch, no rental car needed or hotel, lots of movies. Just a vacation really for a week or so.
      Does any of this extra info help?
      I am looking online and it seems a B2 you need $5000 for? Really? I guess we may have to skip the thought of a visit? Figured maybe application and a plane ticket and that be it. $5000 is near impossible.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        No, the friend is single. No mate so no children, or pets, to support other than self. Working in Dubai because that is where a job they wanted was in their field.
        Nothing about K1s or anything at this time, so not worries about visiting and not returning. Person has a career and not going to just ditch it to try and live in America anytime soon. No no. Just a visit to come over, hang out, eat, sleep on my couch, no rental car needed or hotel, lots of movies. Just a vacation really for a week or so.
        Does any of this extra info help?
        I am looking online and it seems a B2 you need $5000 for? Really? I guess we may have to skip the thought of a visit? Figured maybe application and a plane ticket and that be it. $5000 is near impossible.
        You need $5000 approx in your bank account only - just to prove that you'e money back in your country to live for the rest of the year after returning back from USA.

If you have total $1000 in your account & will burn all that whole money on visit for a week, then how would you survive for rest of the year - this gives a thought that you'll be visiting USA to earn some money.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Oh, wait... you saying my friend has to have money in their bank account to prove they returning to the country originating from; Not saying that to come and visiting will COST 5000 then, right?

Comment

Oh, wait... you saying my friend has to have money in their bank account to prove they returning to the country originating from; Not saying that to come and visiting will COST 5000 then, right?
            yes
            This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X