Sponsoring a B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring a B2 visa

Hello, I am planning to sponsor someone's B2 visa and I need some guidance, I am concerned about a few things, here's our story:

I met a young man online and we've been chatting now for 4 months. The last 4 months we have become very close, and message each other every day, all day long. We've shared our daily lives together, we watch movies together, listen to music, send pictures, videos, video chat, we've both video conferenced with each other's family members, etc. Our conversation has turned from friendly casual chat to romantic. We are both attracted to one another and have now formed a deeper connection from the month's of speaking with one another.
    I have asked him to visit me in the US this coming June, and would like him to stay for 3 months, so that we can get to know one another, and figure out what we want to do, but after researching the B2 visa process and sponsor info, I have some concerns:
    1. This young man is from Brazil
    2. We have never met in person, which might be a red flag for the Consulate
    3. He does not currently have full time employment in Brazil, as he is expecting to visit me in Seattle for 3 months and isn't able to sign a standard employment contract if he is going to quit in a few months.
    4. I am fully sponsoring him

He does have family in Brazil, including an aunt that he takes care of and depends on his support. He is planning to return to Brazil and I am purchasing a round-trip airline ticket for him to show the Consulate.
    How much money should I have in my bank account? I have read $5,000 per person, but not sure I can save that much in 2 months for his visa interview... do you think $3,000-$4,000 would suffice? I make 62k per year and can prove that through an employer letter and check deposits on my bank statement.

If he gets denied for his B2 visa, I am considering travelling to Rio to spend a couple of weeks with him. If we decide to get engaged, will his B2 denial complicate a K1 visa in the future?

Any guidance and help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Originally posted by eloan81 View Post
    How much money should I have in my bank account? I have read $5,000 per person, but not sure I can save that much in 2 months for his visa interview... do you think $3,000-$4,000 would suffice? I make 62k per year and can prove that through an employer letter and check deposits on my bank statement.
    As mentioned earlier also, you sponsoring him making the situation more difficult for him to get his B2 visa. For B2 visa, he need to prove strong ties to his home country - by showing him dependent on you for this visit - he will be proving otherwise.

Originally posted by eloan81 View Post
    If he gets denied for his B2 visa, I am considering travelling to Rio to spend a couple of weeks with him. If we decide to get engaged, will his B2 denial complicate a K1 visa in the future?
    Each visa applications are treated independently on their own merits. Denial of one visa won't impact other applications.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X