very very urgent please help!! DS 156 Question 37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very very urgent please help!! DS 156 Question 37

37. Are Any of The Following Persons in The U.S., or Do They Have U.S. Legal Permanent Residence or U.S. Citizenship?

My brother is in US on H1. However, i dont know if he is still in US or returned back. As he does not have good terms with family, he left and does not get in touch with us for the past several years.

In this situation should I mention for the question 37 yes or no for brother in US?
    Earlier, I happened to see a posting where in some one said there was a problem when he mentioned that his brother was in US.
    2.Is there a way the consulate keeps track of brothers and sisters or immediate family members who are in US or is there some thing for it to search and know abt the relations staying in US?

3. Even if the consular comes to know that my brother is in US, Can we as well say that we do not have terms with him and do not know of his presence in US?

I would say, if he has come to US, most likely, he is in US. Most people don't go back after coming to USA ( no offese to anyone. It includes myself too.)

Therefore, I would say, you should write 'Yes' saying you have brother in US. If asked anymore details, you can say whatever the truth is, such as you don't know the details. You can say, last you knew, he had gone to US.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. However, If I say "no" for the question, how would the consulate come to know abt my relation or as said even if the consulate comes to know can I say that I do not have knowledge abt his where abouts?

I am concerned abt saying "yes" to my brother in US which may affect my visa stampling. Is it just an unfounded fear mine? does this not have much effect on granting visa to me?

Thanks alot for the suggestions. It relieves me from tension.

Comment

I don't think it makes any difference whether your brother is in US or not, as long as you have all valid documents.

It is up to you. One rule to keep in mind is, answer all your questions truthfully, to the best of your knowledge, instead of wondering 'how will they find out ZZZ?' You never know what they information they can find and how.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X