Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refusal: Drop Box for a child below 14...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refusal: Drop Box for a child below 14...

My wife and I both hold valid 10 year US Visas and have travelled extensively to and from the US. Now we wished to apply for our 6-month-old son as we are to attend my brothers wedding in Feb. As per the direction on the website I noticed that I could apply through the Drop Box system. I submitted all the required documents including photocopies of our passport(relevant pages + US Visas). Today I got the passport back with a Refusal 221(g) and a blue sheet of paper stating that I need to provide the following:
    1. 'Economic, political or family ties with India' ,
    2. 'Mother and Father's Passports' ie Mine and my wifes
    3. 'Return in person with at least one parent'

I am a pilot with a major airline in India and my income is over 1 lac per month. My wife is also employed with the same company and earns a substantial salary. I am also paying a loan towards a house that I recently purchased. However, I do not have the original sale deed as they are with the home loan company. I am also 30 yrs and therefore do not have substantial savings except for a small FD (approx 1.5 lac). This time I will take a letter from my employer, my salary slips, my passports (original), copy of my FDs and a letter from the bank stating that I have a loan towards a house and that they are in possession of all original sale documents.

My questions are:
    What other documents should I take to the US embassy ?

What are my sons chances now ? (good or doubtful)

Thanks,

flyboy

You know what to do in Question 2 and 3.

But for Quesiton 1, there is no specific rule. Anything and everything that you can think that proves ties to India will be helpful. What you mentioned looks good enough.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks..

Thanks for your quick replies immihelp.

I got a few more questions though.
      1. Should I state 'YES' in the section of DS-156 where it asks if you have ever been refused a visa. (The stamp on the back of the passport only states Application Rev'cd)
      2. Should I list the purpose of travel as "Attend a Marriage". I have a card to prove it or should I just leave it as Tourist.
      3. The blue slip of paper the embassy sent stating additional documents stated "At LEAST 1 parent". Both my wife and I intend to go over to the embassy without our 6-month-old son. Would this present a problem? Will they allow us both to enter? Should we take our son along as well?

Thanks once again Immihelp.

FLYBOY

Comment

Re: Thanks..

1. Yes.
        2. Either one.
        3. All 3 of you go.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks Immihelp..

Thanks Immihelp,

Just got my son's passport back from TTS with a 5 year visa. Thanks for all the help.

FLYBOY

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X