Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife/Mon of US Citizens applying for B2visa after abandoning green card

Good morning!
    After doing research in the forum, I could not find a similar case so I will try to briefly expose my mother-in-law's situation and hope to hear your opinion about it.
    She wants to come to the US to visit her children that are US Citizens. She is still married to their father (naturalized US Citizen in the 1990's), although they have been separated since the mid 1990's but are still officially married. Never really got divorced. She had a green card that was abandoned in the early 2000's and haven't returned it yet which I assume is the first step to take.
    She has no intention to live in the US but also doesn't work or own property in her home country as she is supported by her mother that is sick and she currently takes care of.
    Would it be advised for her to come to the US with the intention of divorcing her husband or can she prove she is not willing to stay without doing so? What would be the options or next steps she should/could take?
    Thanks!
    Alex
    Last edited by Ualbert; 03-25-2019, 05:08 AM.

I think that the best proof to provide at Visa's interview is exactly the abandoned GC process. that prove that she does not want to live in US but just travel for visiting or vacation.
    also proof about her mother problems will help.

from which country she should depart?

Comment

Originally posted by Mistermanga View Post
      I think that the best proof to provide at Visa's interview is exactly the abandoned GC process. that prove that she does not want to live in US but just travel for visiting or vacation.
      also proof about her mother problems will help.

from which country she should depart?
      Hi there Mistermanga,
      I am assuming "the abandoned GC process" is some sort of document that she will get once she returns her expired GC id. Sounds to me like she would not have any other option but to provide that to even be considered eligible for a B2 Visa to visit the US. She can easily produce prove of her mother's medical condition. She is departing from Brazil. Her sister had a similar case and was denied a Tourist Visa twice before she returned her GC and had her son that is a US Citizen and lives in the US, writing a letter for her to take to the Consulate for her 3rd interview. The only difference is that she was not married to a US Citizen anymore like my mother-in-law.
      Thanks a lot for the reply!
      Alex.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X