Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying after Visa Denial

Hello,

I was denied visa a couple of weeks ago 214(b). I would like to know what I can do to be successful when I reapply.

When I originally applied I said put that I was a single unemployed 30 yr old male paying for the trip myself going to visit potential schools in the US. In hindsight I see why I was rejected.

I actually now have a common law wife/ partner that I live with (I'm in Canada, and it takes a year to live with someone to become common law spouse - we became common law officially this month). She works and would be coming with me and would be paying for the trip.

If I reapply to stay I'm just going visit the US, and my wife is coming with me and paying for the trip would that be enough you think? Or so I also NEED to get a job?

You really do not need a job to get tourist visa - however you need to prove that you've strong ties to your home country & that you'll surely return back. Having a well paid job in home country is one of the great way to prove that.

In my opinion, by saying that you want to join a school, shows that you are not intending to return soon - hence the rejection.

If you apply again, ensure that there are significant improvement in your profile.

My suggestion will be to have your wife apply alone & get the visa first - then you apply saying you want to join her.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      You really do not need a job to get tourist visa - however you need to prove that you've strong ties to your home country & that you'll surely return back. Having a well paid job in home country is one of the great way to prove that.

In my opinion, by saying that you want to join a school, shows that you are not intending to return soon - hence the rejection.

If you apply again, ensure that there are significant improvement in your profile.

My suggestion will be to have your wife apply alone & get the visa first - then you apply saying you want to join her.

My wife is Canadian and doesn't need a visa to enter the US does that matter? Also can she accompany me to the interview? Would that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Jailbird2569 View Post

My wife is Canadian and doesn't need a visa to enter the US does that matter? Also can she accompany me to the interview? Would that help?
        She cannot accompany you to the interview. What is your citizenship?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

She cannot accompany you to the interview. What is your citizenship?

My passport is from the Bahamas. I am also a permanent resident of Canada. The interviewer made a comment on how I had been in Canada for a long time before I became a permanent resident. I came in Canada in 2006 for school and became a permanent resident in 2018.

I mean I understand her concern that I stayed in Canada for a long time on visas before I became a permanent resident, but it's not like I was doing anything wrong. It's very difficult to become a permanent resident and the entire time I was in Canada on visas I never overstayed or broke the terms of any visas. I don't know what can be done about that.

Comment

My passport is from the Bahamas. I am also a permanent resident of Canada. The interviewer made a comment on how I had been in Canada for a long time before I became a permanent resident. I came in Canada in 2006 for school and became a permanent resident in 2018.

I mean I understand her concern that I stayed in Canada for a long time on visas before I became a permanent resident, but it's not like I was doing anything wrong. It's very difficult to become a permanent resident and the entire time I was in Canada on visas I never overstayed or broke the terms of any visas. I don't know what can be done about that.
            No one can be so sure, but I guess it is because one of the basic requirement of B2 visa, to prove strong ties to your home country, since you were not living in your home country for long time - it could be a reason. You need to prove that you will not do the same thing in USA - like visiting USA for schools & then seek permanent residency.

Probably mentioning that your common law wife/ partner is a Canadian citizen & you soon going to be Canadian citizen could help in your next attempt.

Wait for couple of months & apply again.

Comment

My US Visitor visa denied in march 2015 and I don't have the reason for the same. I would like to re-apply, what should I mention in the DS 160 for the denial reason?
              Please suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by karjat18 View Post
                My US Visitor visa denied in march 2015 and I don't have the reason for the same. I would like to re-apply, what should I mention in the DS 160 for the denial reason?
                Please suggest.
                Mention you are not sure.

Comment

Again apply dear and also ask them rejection reason. Or maybe try applying from different account.Use this https://freeaccountsonline.com/free-...-soul-premium/ to get more free accounts created.Maybe that reason would help you.
                  Last edited by eaglesha; 10-08-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I was denied visa a couple of weeks ago 214(b). I would like to know what I can do to be successful when I reapply. Or so I also NEED to get a job?
                    Get a job and wait for some time, I’d recommend a year before reapplying. You’re risking a second successive denial by reapplying soon.

Comment

**** UPDATE ****
                      Hello everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for their input and help. I reapplied and was interviewed yesterday and got my visa approved!! Here's what I changed:
                      1. My reason for travel: I stated I was going for an amusement park in Tampa, Florida. (Busch Gardens). - Simple.
                      2. I included my common-law (who is very well established with a good job and a house) in my application and stated she would be paying for everything.
                      3. I got a job. I haven't started it yet though, so I just brought my signed job offer/ contract
                      4. I mentioned that I also lived with my sister who is an American Citizen.
                      So here are some details about my interview itself:
                      • I got the same interviewer as last time! (three months ago). The consulate office even emailed me the day before my interview giving me the option to reschedule since I will be having the same interviewer! I decided to stick with my current schedule.
                      • The VERY first thing the interviewer said to me was "So, Mr Jailbird2569, what has changed in your life in the last three months?"
                      • My approach to her question was that at the last interview I felt that I did not represent myself and my ties well because I was new to the process. Also that we had planned this vacation before-hand.
                      • The interview went very smoothly, she asked to see my common-law's employment records and my job offer letter. She then asked about my sister and what she does etc.
                      • She asked one detail about my last application that if I was still planning on going to school in the US. I said I was focusing on schools in Canada (where I live) to make things easier for my relationship with common-law.
                      • I felt she asked me one trick/ verification question. She asked me if I was going to Disney World, even though on my application I clearly stated Busch Gardens. I corrected her. Then she asked me which Busch Gardens? (there are more than one location, but on my application, I remembered which location was stated)
                      • She also commented on my passport, not sure if she was making small talk or what but she asked about a black spot on the edge of the pages. She asked if there had been a fire in my life? I said no, it was probably a chemical reaction from a cologne as I store my passport among such items.
                      That's pretty much it. I got visa approval soon after. I told her "thank you" and it was good to see her again lol.

I want to give special thanks to Libra_14. You are awesome, keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for answering all of my annoying PMs

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X