Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1/B2 renewal denied. Despite having good travel record to many countries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 renewal denied. Despite having good travel record to many countries.

I have been travelling to us since 1999 on b1/b2 visa. I had 3visas 1 with 6months validity 1 with 5years and last with 10years. I used to visit my uncle who is a us citizen, then my sister went there for her studies and used to visit her once a year for maximum 1month, then she came back to india after compeleting her studies. I again visited usa 2 times to see my uncle(after my sister returned from usa after finishing her studies) The maximum i stayed in usa under this visas was 50 days during the course of 20years of travel history that too in 2008 except that i only stayed for 1 month max. My visa had expired in 2017, i met with an accident and broke my tibia bone and it took me approx 1.5yrs to recover, was ineligible for interview waiver hence i applied for renewal with interview because more than 1year had passed after expiry of last visa. I had been usa 12 times and also been to 6 countries in europe that includes uk, and schengen countries, other countries in asia that includes dubai, singapore, thailand, china, hongkong, macau on visitor visa. I have never overstayed in any of these countries including usa. Have never voilated any law including immigration laws of any visiting countries. I own a petrol pump in india and im in construction and real estate business, have huge amount of lands across different cities in india. Despite all this my visa was refused under 214(b) without giving any proper reason that too 2 times. I had all the supporting documents with me at the time of interview but the consular officer never asked me for any documents despited that i told her and showed her few documents but she never had a look at them i was for a visa applying to attend my cousins wedding(The same uncles son whom i used to visit) also had his invitationcard with me. What would you suggest? I recently got married and applied with my wife she has not been to any countries.Please suggest and let me know whato do and I want to reapply & when should i apply third time or should i rather not re apply at all? Please suggest.

This sounds odd. Go through your DS160 very closely and see if there is any information incorrect or missing. Otherwise, put it on hold for a little while. Don't keep reapplying. Go to Schengen countries with your wife then apply together later. Give it time. It usually just hurts to apply again without anything changing.

Comment

Yeah everyone that heard this story said that its odd that they rejected my visa perhaps it could be my wife who has not been to any countries that might be the problem appart from that i dont think there is anything wrong in ds 160. Now i have decided to first visit some visa free countries then goto schengen or europe then apply.

Comment

Make sure you spend a good 20 minutes scanning your DS-160. It's worth your time since that application is basically what you gave them and what they judge on (and they then refused you a visa). So you must comb through it to see where you can spot something which spooked them (since you say you violated no laws). Is it complete? Did you update with new info? Compare against previous DS-160 if you have it - is everything consistent or was something changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2kanani View Post
          I have been travelling to us since 1999 on b1/b2 visa. I had 3visas 1 with 6months validity 1 with 5years and last with 10years. I used to visit my uncle who is a us citizen, then my sister went there for her studies and used to visit her once a year for maximum 1month, then she came back to india after compeleting her studies. I again visited usa 2 times to see my uncle(after my sister returned from usa after finishing her studies) The maximum i stayed in usa under this visas was 50 days during the course of 20years of travel history that too in 2008 except that i only stayed for 1 month max. My visa had expired in 2017, i met with an accident and broke my tibia bone and it took me approx 1.5yrs to recover, was ineligible for interview waiver hence i applied for renewal with interview because more than 1year had passed after expiry of last visa. I had been usa 12 times and also been to 6 countries in europe that includes uk, and schengen countries, other countries in asia that includes dubai, singapore, thailand, china, hongkong, macau on visitor visa. I have never overstayed in any of these countries including usa. Have never voilated any law including immigration laws of any visiting countries. I own a petrol pump in india and im in construction and real estate business, have huge amount of lands across different cities in india. Despite all this my visa was refused under 214(b) without giving any proper reason that too 2 times. I had all the supporting documents with me at the time of interview but the consular officer never asked me for any documents despited that i told her and showed her few documents but she never had a look at them i was for a visa applying to attend my cousins wedding(The same uncles son whom i used to visit) also had his invitationcard with me. What would you suggest? I recently got married and applied with my wife she has not been to any countries.Please suggest and let me know whato do and I want to reapply & when should i apply third time or should i rather not re apply at all? Please suggest.
          This is strange, revisit your DS-160 form and check if there any information is missing or mistakes. By the way which consulate you went for the interview?

Comment

I went to mumbai which i can say is my home jurisdiction consulate as i live in gujarat.

Comment

One probable cause can be since u travelled few times already they don't see you anymore as a tourist. I mean u seen a lot already. Also were you a minor when u got your visa first time ?

Comment

Originally posted by akw9
                Im already a permanent resident of canada and if I intended to stay in usa for anything I already applied with a valid visa valid for almost 3 yrs. so that doesn't make sense.
                I see 2 things in your whole story.

First, Having an PR for Canada shows that your intention is to leave India & to move to Canada, which means you do not have strong ties to home country anymore.
                Second, You had 3 full year of validity with your current visa, why did you applied for renewal? Just merely, so that you won't have to carry 2 passports? That's not a good story & seems fishy.
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

This sounds odd. Go through your DS160 very closely and see if there is any information incorrect or missing. Otherwise, put it on hold for a little while. Don't keep reapplying. Go to Schengen countries with your wife then apply together later. Give it time. It usually just hurts to apply again without anything changing.

Comment

Damn same here - Canadian PR and b1/b2 rejected on grounds of immigration intent. Absolutely zero questions on my intentions to return. Never stayed back anywhere on my previous visa s. Good thing this month I will be getting my Canadian passport

Comment

Originally posted by AudiLover View Post
                      Damn same here - Canadian PR and b1/b2 rejected on grounds of immigration intent. Absolutely zero questions on my intentions to return. Never stayed back anywhere on my previous visa s. Good thing this month I will be getting my Canadian passport

Hey
                      that is really strange eh? not sure anyone who's Canadian immigrant would move to US that too Illegaly ? its beyond me.... hope its not some political issues.
                      did you apply from india or canada? also did you have travel history like mine which is over 19yrs with not even single overstay just one 4 month long holiday among 10 trips.

Comment

Originally posted by akw9 View Post

Hey
                        that is really strange eh? not sure anyone who's Canadian immigrant would move to US that too Illegaly ? its beyond me.... hope its not some political issues.
                        did you apply from india or canada? also did you have travel history like mine which is over 19yrs with not even single overstay just one 4 month long holiday among 10 trips.
                        I applied from India due to interview waiver and I was here on a vacation. Brief background:
                        1. Studied in UK didn't stay back.
                        2. Went to US once for 2 months and 1 more transit in the entire 2009-2019 visa.
                        3. Worked in Canada then left Canada before work permit expired.
                        4. Came back to Canada only when PR was processed.
                        5. Got a post study work visa in UK there also didn't stay back.

In short if this is not perfect history then what else is?

Comment

also did they ask you questions relating to Canadian PR, my Vo couldn't get over that I had enough money to have a 4month vacation with family when even my dad was on the trip. I mean I had money to study in Canada for 4 yrs have money to travel month long vacations every year (passport stamps n travel countries mentioned on DS160) yet he felt I couldn't have gone just for Holiday.

Now I have whole proof of the travel not sure what other excuse can it be? I hope good sense prevails. we are working hard so can enjoy good time on a holiday having a holiday every single year for last 15yrs and yet im denied a visa. still can't get over to be honest. even my friends and family are shocked and scared.
                          The questions asked:
                          1. Why do you want to go to US?
                          A: Dual intent - transit as flights to US are cheaper and other is tourism
                          2. Where do you want to go?
                          NJ/NY want to recreate the trip I had last time.
                          3. Profession?
                          Independent IT consultant - not working since a few months as I was on vacation.
                          4. Family is travelling with you?
                          Not right now.
                          5. How long will be your trip?
                          10 days.
                          6. Do you have PR card?
                          No as wasn't asked to carry any documents
                          7. You don't qualify

(That s it)

Just applied once. Don't intend to apply again as I will get Canadian passport this month - then to my knowledge I won't be needing this visa. But given this fiasco I am bound to me more scrutinized in the future. My bad lack - should have withdrawn the application once I saw Administrative Review.

Really irritated as can't find any reasonable logic.

Visa officer as usual looked cold.

Comment

Yeah every body that heard this tale stated that its strange that they rejected my visa possibly it is able to be my wife who has no longer been to any countries that might be the trouble appart from that i dont assume there's anything incorrect in ds a hundred and sixty. Now i have determined togo to some visa loose nations then goto schengen or europe then practice.
                            Last edited by Trinity71; 01-20-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

hmm... well in my case I did see Administrative review but when I got the passport my old passport with US visa was already market Cancelled without Prejudice so wouldn't have help. But yes applying while being unemployed would be an issue. Also your PR card wasn't with you.
                              I don't have any of these issues.
                              Keep us posted regarding how is it going - to me not honouring a drop box renewal looks fishy but only subsequent successful cases will prove me wrong.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X