Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1/B2 renewal denied. Despite having good travel record to many countries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akw9
    I can understand officer wondering and needing to know what I was doing there for 4 months but if holiday of 4 months is unheard thing why issue 6 month validity on i94s then... its just whole thing seems so confusing.... I fail to understand the logic.
    Well, they give 6months I94 to everyone & if you misuse the same (for example saying 1 month stay at the time of interview at POE & then staying for 4 months - shows you are lying). You'll be questioned for your next visit.
    Originally posted by akw9
    also the visa officer did not even flip through my passport to see the kind of travel I have done... I have a minimum of 2 vacations every year so staying one long vacation of 4 months in 19yr travel should not worry and my trips to us always had 2 yr gap so not like I could be working there....
    They don't need to flip your passport of your documents to know about you, your DS160 gives a whole lot of details & rest they can fetch from their own database.

How did you traveled 20 times in 19 years with a gap of 2 years always ?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hello
      Is it true that no-show on visa interview is different from visa refusal/denial?

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        Well, they give 6months I94 to everyone & if you misuse the same (for example saying 1 month stay at the time of interview at POE & then staying for 4 months - shows you are lying). You'll be questioned for your next visit.

They don't need to flip your passport of your documents to know about you, your DS160 gives a whole lot of details & rest they can fetch from their own database.

How did you traveled 20 times in 19 years with a gap of 2 years always ?

Libra brother. can you help with my next interview. as discussed earlier. taking all my documents from 4 month holiday like hotel reservations pictures and even credit and bank statements showing stay at 6-7 different cities and pictures clearly tell we were touring all tourist spots not leaving any room for doubt. My reservations n credit card charges are almost 20000 USD alone without talking about cash that I must have spent in 4 months...
        just wanted to know whether I start the moment I pass the passport or wait for visa officer to ask me questions? and what to expect? any help is appreciated. if you could help with how to proceed as second rejection would be too much.... im still under shock from last refusal... for someone who's traveled to usa on so many occasions in last 19yrs on 3 different visa and yet get refused has been puzzling. considering never overstayed a visa. and most trips throughout have been short only one long vacation that too as parents were traveling and insisted on staying back... we had 6 month allowance on i94 so dint think it should be an issue if we are spending 30-40000 usd on tourism.

please help if you can. anyone else like to advise how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by akw9 View Post
          Libra brother. can you help with my next interview. as discussed earlier. taking all my documents from 4 month holiday like hotel reservations pictures and even credit and bank statements showing stay at 6-7 different cities and pictures clearly tell we were touring all tourist spots not leaving any room for doubt. My reservations n credit card charges are almost 20000 USD alone without talking about cash that I must have spent in 4 months...
          just wanted to know whether I start the moment I pass the passport or wait for visa officer to ask me questions? and what to expect? any help is appreciated. if you could help with how to proceed as second rejection would be too much.... im still under shock from last refusal... for someone who's traveled to usa on so many occasions in last 19yrs on 3 different visa and yet get refused has been puzzling. considering never overstayed a visa. and most trips throughout have been short only one long vacation that too as parents were traveling and insisted on staying back... we had 6 month allowance on i94 so dint think it should be an issue if we are spending 30-40000 usd on tourism.

please help if you can. anyone else like to advise how to proceed.
          I understand akw9, what I mentioned is just my thoughts (or my guess, to be more fair) for possible reasons of rejection.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

I understand akw9, what I mentioned is just my thoughts (or my guess, to be more fair) for possible reasons of rejection.
            your clearly more in sync with how the previous officer thought to reject with someone with my travel profile... so on next interview... what do you suggest.. shall I pass my passport and start with something like Sir/mam I was refused previously as previous officer had some concerns about my 2016 trip and here I am with all reservation payments credit cards and bank statements to address those concerns or shall I pass the passport to visa officer and just wait for them to ask the questions.... ? what do you think is better.. considering they decide within few minutes.
            I just hope they hear me out and see someone who's never had an urge to live in USA even when he was unemployed and then working and then married... now at age of 40 how can he develop a sudden urge when his business is more stable... parents are old and sick.... even with PR im spending most time in india proving ties are still strong here....

anyway pls advice whether I start the chat by offering the evidence regarding concerns of previous VO as he never asked me anything outside reasons of 4 month stay. even though before and after I had vacationed in US for shorter periods or shall I just wait for them to lead the questioning?

Comment

your clearly more in sync with how the previous officer thought to reject with someone with my travel profile... so on next interview... what do you suggest.. shall I pass my passport and start with something like Sir/mam I was refused previously as previous officer had some concerns about my 2016 trip and here I am with all reservation payments credit cards and bank statements to address those concerns or shall I pass the passport to visa officer and just wait for them to ask the questions.... ? what do you think is better.. considering they decide within few minutes.
              Well, I don't think they decide everything within few mins of talking with you. Its more over their back-end system which gives them detail on their screen at the time they scan your barcode.
              I just hope they hear me out and see someone who's never had an urge to live in USA even when he was unemployed and then working and then married... now at age of 40 how can he develop a sudden urge when his business is more stable... parents are old and sick.... even with PR im spending most time in india proving ties are still strong here....
              Again, I don't think they goes by emotion or how you pretending in front of the VO during the interview, but they goes by the rule. If their rule says you are potential immigrant, then the visa is simply not for you. period.

Also, if they found out that you lied previously, for example your DS160 which you filed previously & what you filed this time is not matching. That could be another reason.
              anyway pls advice whether I start the chat by offering the evidence regarding concerns of previous VO as he never asked me anything outside reasons of 4 month stay. even though before and after I had vacationed in US for shorter periods or shall I just wait for them to lead the questioning?
              I would suggest you still keep quite, showing you really do not know (what we discussed is our guess only) the reason for rejection & if he ask question regarding that, you can respond.

At last if he does not give you visa, try to ask the reason in the end.

Comment

Well, I don't think they decide everything within few mins of talking with you. Its more over their back-end system which gives them detail on their screen at the time they scan your barcode.

Again, I don't think they goes by emotion or how you pretending in front of the VO during the interview, but they goes by the rule. If their rule says you are potential immigrant, then the visa is simply not for you. period..
                I got my first visa when I was still unemployed and a student. second when I was working part time and third when I newly got married. I fail to understand how at the age of 40 now im potential immigrant when I never had will to immigrate when through my prime I never did. Not even one single overstay, not even one back to back trip to US. it defies common sense I feel.
                Well the previous VO did ask me almost 6-7 questions all related to 4 months. during the conversation he asked me how I could afford such an expensive long vacation. he asked me why that long so he seemed to be stuck on 4 months. so Im assuming thats the concern as this was my 4th visa application. last visa was issued 7yrs ago and nothing has changed for me I use to go to usa more frequently during my first two visas and only 3 times now in last 7yrs.

Also, if they found out that you lied previously, for example your DS160 which you filed previously & what you filed this time is not matching. That could be another reason .
                My ds 160 has no changes other than travel dates have changed and I have visited more countries. I have not lied to any visa officer ever. We did extend the vacation in 2016 but extending a vacation within allowed time should not be a problem as people do extend vacations I believe.

I would suggest you still keep quite, showing you really do not know (what we discussed is our guess only) the reason for rejection & if he ask question regarding that, you can respond.

At last if he does not give you visa, try to ask the reason in the end.
                im just assuming if I stay quiet and he makes up his mind by reading notes on the computer whole process of interview seems futile exercise.
                Last edited by akw9; 02-04-2020, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Hey guys

thanks everyone for help. I went for my second visa today after a gap of 30 days and luckily had a much better VO. She took less than 2 mins to appreciate my clean Travel history and approved my visa.

I started by greeting her and asking her how her day was?
                  mans then I asked her if I can say few things and pleaded my case and she listened and saw the obvious in my case

my online status still shows Administrative Process as of now and am hoping it will change soon

so good luck to everyone who’s thinking of applying again after first rejection... there’s always a good chance of getting approved provided you feel previous time u couldn’t present ur case with evidence or had a VO who seemed unreasonable...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X