B1/B2 for mother and daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 for mother and daughter

Hello everyone. I'm planning to apply for i and my 15 year old daughter tourist visa to spend the Christmas holiday with my cousin and his family in december. We also woikd like to experience the snowy weather and visit a few popular tourist destinations.

but they are people telling me that I can't apply with my daughter because since she's my only daughter it will raise a red flag. That VO will think that I'm running away to the US with my daughter.. what kind of VO would even think that? I want my child to travel with me and to meet my cousin as well and to experience what it's like to see snow and visit some popular tourist destination and have fun.. then come back in early January so she could go to school and i could get back to my work.

Originally posted by Shameka View Post
    but they are people telling me that I can't apply with my daughter because since she's my only daughter it will raise a red flag. That VO will think that I'm running away to the US with my daughter.. what kind of VO would even think that? I want my child to travel with me and to meet my cousin as well and to experience what it's like to see snow and visit some popular tourist destination and have fun.. then come back in early January so she could go to school and i could get back to my work.
    Its other way actually, VO would like to verify that you have strong ties to your home country & would surely return back once your visit is over. Having dependent children in home country is one sort of way to assure the VO that you have a well to do family & you would surely return.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Ok. But if I left her what if they ask why she's not travelling with me. Cause they ask many people that question.

Comment

Originally posted by Shameka View Post
        Ok. But if I left her what if they ask why she's not travelling with me. Cause they ask many people that question.
        There is no hard and fast rule here. If you leave her, they'll ask why she's not traveling with you. If you go all together, then they wonder if you're all moving together and that you don't have anybody to come back to. These questions are psychological - they are trying to see how you will react and what kind of answer you have.

Apply with whatever configuration you want (go together, alone, etc.) and answer questions truthfully and honestly. If they give you a visa, then good. If not, find a different country to visit. There are lots of awesome places in the world.

Comment

I travel with her to other countries that dont require a visa.. but hoping to travel to the US now for vacation and to visit my cousin and his family. But I'm having doubt.

Comment

Be ready to prove that even if she will be visiting with you, you still don't have any intention to live & stay in USA & you should be good.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Ok thanks. One more thing, how can I state that I'm a self-employed jeweller. Under current employment?

Comment

There should be a dropdown to select "Self Employed".

Comment

Ok good

Comment

Best of Luck !!

Comment

That is not a red flag. But the VO might definately wanna know where is the father and if this has his consent. Also if he has a US Visa or not. If yes what type and he would see a copy of that. Some countries like Canada has issues with kids travelling with single parent more. Not US. In case one is a single parent have the documents of divorce clear with you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X