Travel outside USA when on B2 tourist visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel outside USA when on B2 tourist visa

I have 6 months of i94 for USA on B2 visa . How often can I travel to other country say Canada from USA and then come back within 6 months of i94 period?

please help
    thanks in advance

There is no limitation.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

There is no rule that you cannot travel outside. However sometime the CBP officer see it as you wanted to re-new your B2 visit for another 6 months.

So just be ready for additional questioning - if you answer them fairly, you won't have any problem.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for replies.

I have my ticket back to India already booked . It's been 2 months I am in USA and travelling to Canada in 10 days, then back to USA and then to India after 10 days. So my whole stay would be of 3 months in USA.

I heard we can travel on same i-94 to Canada or Mexico and i-94 does not change and that too for only 30 days. If more than 30 days, then we get new i-94.
        So I believe, how will that leave an impression on CBP officer that I want to increase my stay for more 6 months. Please confirm If my understanding is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by altruist321 View Post
          I heard we can travel on same i-94 to Canada or Mexico and i-94 does not change and that too for only 30 days. If more than 30 days, then we get new i-94.
          Thats correct.
          Originally posted by altruist321 View Post
          So I believe, how will that leave an impression on CBP officer that I want to increase my stay for more 6 months. Please confirm If my understanding is wrong.
          That decision to give the same I94 or a new one is not in your hand, it depends on the CBP officer.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
            Thats correct.

That decision to give the same I94 or a new one is not in your hand, it depends on the CBP officer.
            Thank you so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X