Retired CRPF Parent for US B2 VIsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired CRPF Parent for US B2 VIsa

am planning to bring my parents to US on a B2 VISA. My dad is retired( 18 years now) from CRPF( which is a paramilitary organization).
    I had doubt in filing the form for the following questions..

1) Do you have any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?
    In CRPF they have been given training for those.

2 Have you ever served in, been a member of, or been involved with a paramilitary unit, vigilante unit, rebel group, guerrilla group, or insurgent organization?
    CRPF is a paramilitary organization but then I see that is grouped with reble..guerrilla..insurgent prganization and all

If any one who has brought their parents who are retired from CRPF -- this would be a great help..

Don't worry at all. Once you write in an explanation that it is a reserve police force, that will take care of it since we're talking here about a legitimate national reserves organization.
    Although, just my opinion here, their site doesn't call it a paramilitary organization. See if there is another question in there, where you can acknowledge/list the experience (where police/army experience is possibly listed).

Don't hide anything - just explain properly. Make sure you list years of active service.
    Last edited by Mogu; 07-08-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Always tell the truth in the form & during the interview.

They just want to ensure their safety - help them that you had such work experience & from legitimate sources.

There might be some extra background verification/admin processing, but they should be good to get the visa.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by bijomg View Post
        am planning to bring my parents to US on a B2 VISA. My dad is retired( 18 years now) from CRPF( which is a paramilitary organization).
        I had doubt in filing the form for the following questions..

1) Do you have any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?
        In CRPF they have been given training for those.

2 Have you ever served in, been a member of, or been involved with a paramilitary unit, vigilante unit, rebel group, guerrilla group, or insurgent organization?
        CRPF is a paramilitary organization but then I see that is grouped with reble..guerrilla..insurgent prganization and all

If any one who has brought their parents who are retired from CRPF -- this would be a great help..
        Hello, bijomg would you please post on how you answered these questions? CRPF does not seem to come under paramilitary forces. It is under CAPF. Whats the best way to answer these two questions for my fathers visa application since he was also in crpf?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X