Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting documents of sponsor for older parent's visitor visa

Hello,

I am looking at applying for visitor visa for 79 year old mother. As I understand the process is that one has to fill out DS-160 and schedule an interview appointment. However, no supporting document of the visa applicant or sponsor are submitted to schedule the interview. Is it correct that the US consular officer will look at any supporting documents of sponsor like I-134 affidavit of support, financial documents, cover letter, etc. only if they ask for these documents at the time of interview and not anytime before ?

Has anyone received interview waiver and visa granted when parents were closer to 80 years age?

thanks in advance.

I134 is not a legally bound document & realistically doesn't hold much value for tourist visa for parents.

I suggest to have her self-sponsor her visit - if she has properties, some sort of income (pension, rent from property, interest income etc).

If not, you just need to provide documents that you are in USA on a valid status, working, earning & have sufficient funds to support her visit, that should be it.

Is she applying alone? What about your father? Please note that, at times single parents are treated as potential immigrants if he/she is totally dependent on you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X